Anyone try the electric water pump?

I think better fans or a lower fan temperature switch would help the cooling verses more flow. The coolant needs air to cool so flowing faster to cool doesn't make sense to me.

I think better fans or a lower fan temperature switch would help the cooling verses more flow. The coolant needs air to cool so flowing faster to cool doesn't make sense to me.

That electric water pump is made by Richard at RCC. Because the stock cooling system on a Hayabusa is minimal at best, this electric pump works better than you think. Ask around - see how many guys are having problems with cooling issues on NORMALLY aspirated bikes - even stock ones - then you will see why a product like this is important.

Keep in mind that the stock mechanical water pump is dependent on engine rpm . . . when the bike is idling, it is turning the slowest. This is where problems can occur. The electric pump is turning at full speed all the time, even when the bike is idling.

We have installed many of these pumps, both on turbo bikes, and on built motors. I can tell you for a fact that they work well. I have one on my own personal 600+ turbo street bike, and it will idle in 90 degree stop and go traffic while the temp never goes above 1/2.

Installing this pump, gutting the thermostat, relocating the fan relay to the right side, and hanging a extra fan will get you the absolute best cooling setup you can have on the 'bus.:laugh:

They are a stock item at POWERHOUSE . . .

dont u have to have like a block off plate or something for the case with a electric waterpump? or is that all that is needed is the wwaterpump and about how much they cost?

dont u have to have like a block off plate or something for the case with a electric waterpump? or is that all that is needed is the wwaterpump and about how much they cost?

The electric water pump fits in the stock location using the stock hoses. No modifications are necessary. POWERHOUSE sells these for $499.95, with free shipping to org members in the continental U.S. . . .

I am interested in this also because I am running an electric pump on my 69 nova and it runs cool in traffic and keeps parasitic drag to a minimum (alternator only). Any dyno evidence that these give a measurable gain?

Back