Rcc electric water pump for hayabusa

POWERHOUSE

Frank
Donating Member
Registered
RCC ELECTRIC WATER PUMP FOR HAYABUSA

This electric water pump flows 5 gallons per minute and draws less than 1 amp.

The billet housing bolts right into the stock location, using your stock hoses and no modifications. It greatly reduces your engine temps in stop and go traffic, as the water circulates at the same rate all the time. Using a switched radiator fan, you can run this pump and the fan with the bike not running to cool it down on a hot day, or after a pass. There is enough clearance for billet sprocket covers, slave supports, or cable conversions.

Another plus is the fact that your engine no longer has to push a water pump, freeing up more horsepower!

Great for motor bikes, nitrous bikes, and especially for turbo bikes!

POWERHOUSE PRICE: $499.95

waterpump2_t.jpg

waterpump1_t.jpg

waterpump3_t.jpg

great product I've been using it for years. :thumbsup:

way back when I looked at more than a few elect. pumps and this one seemed to fit the bill the best. :bowdown: Richard puts together some really good products :beerchug:

P3225531.jpg

What do you do with the shafts that connect the oil pump to the water pump?

If you remove them...do you have to pull all the items on the clutch side to complete the job?

Sounds good, a bit expensive...but having the most efficent package is always a plus.

you just have to pull out the entier OE water pump assembly nothing else. You're right it's not cheap but you get what you pay for.

Oh yea, as Frank mentioned it's great being able to run the pump after you turn the engine off. I never get any heat soak any more.

Last edited:
RCC ELECTRIC WATER PUMP FOR HAYABUSA

This electric water pump flows 5 gallons per minute and draws less than 1 amp.

The billet housing bolts right into the stock location, using your stock hoses and no modifications. It greatly reduces your engine temps in stop and go traffic, as the water circulates at the same rate all the time. Using a switched radiator fan, you can run this pump and the fan with the bike not running to cool it down on a hot day, or after a pass. There is enough clearance for billet sprocket covers, slave supports, or cable conversions.

Another plus is the fact that your engine no longer has to push a water pump, freeing up more horsepower!

Great for motor bikes, nitrous bikes, and especially for turbo bikes!

POWERHOUSE PRICE: $499.95

How much does a stock water pump flow? doesn't it work off engine RPM? This would be awesome product if to use if one had a 1397 bore on a turbo as well or any stroker

Says 5 gallons per minute. Since it's electric that's what the pump can flow regardless of engine rpm.

How much does a stock water pump flow? doesn't it work off engine RPM? This would be awesome product if to use if one had a 1397 bore on a turbo as well or any stroker

This pump definately flows more than the stock pump from idle all the way up to at least 6,000 rpm . . . after that I am not sure. . . however, I will say this: most of the issues with busas have to do with either oil pressure or cooling. As far as cooling is concerned, it is not when you are going down the road "shifting in the breeze":laugh: it is when you are in bumper to bumper traffic, or just sitting at a light . . . either way, this pump is at "max" all the time.

Personally, I like the ability to shut the motor down and keep this pump and the fan going while she cools down . . .:whistle:

Would this be good for street use??? i don't race but in traffic she gets real nasty:laugh: And don't electric pumps have much shorter life span than the oem???

Would this be good for street use??? i don't race but in traffic she gets real nasty:laugh: And don't electric pumps have much shorter life span than the oem???

I have this pump on several street turbos, including my own personal Ultra. I have run this pump over 6,000 miles so far without incident. It definately
keeps the temps down on my bike. So yes, it is great for street use.

As far as having a shorter life span than OEM - the OEM pump is mechanical, it drives off the oil pump, which is driven off the gear on the back of the clutch - so it obviously is never going to fail. Electrical components are another story. Sometime in the life of your bike your alternator is going to fail, your regulator is going to fail, your fuel pump is going to fail - maybe.

I installed an indicator light on my dash that is only on when the water pump is running, to let me know . . . over two years so far with no problem.

Bottom line is this: this pump is not necessary on a stock busa. If you have a turbo, a built motor, if you are running an air-to-air intercooler that partially blocks your radiator - if you have a cooling problem, period - this pump could be for you. . .:director:

I have a davies craig ebp on mine since 04 ,pretty sure they were what Richard used from about then and may still be the core of the new billet pumps, or at least the same technology of brushless motor , there rated to 10000 hrs + , think you would be fairly busy riding to wear one out

I have a davies craig ebp on mine since 04 ,pretty sure they were what Richard used from about then and may still be the core of the new billet pumps, or at least the same technology of brushless motor , there rated to 10000 hrs + , think you would be fairly busy riding to wear one out

Does that pump fit within the stock water pump location on the cases.

The Davies craig does not,using mine as an intercooler pump not engine waterpump , my example was mostly as an expected life of these pumps in continuous use,

I ran mine on the street for a little over a 1.5 years or more than 30k miles and then the rest of the time has been for racing. I've had it since the start of 2007. As already mentioned it's electrical so eventualy it'll need to be rebuilt/replaced.

The Davies craig does not,using mine as an intercooler pump not engine waterpump , my example was mostly as an expected life of these pumps in continuous use,

The pump used here has a brushless motor, magnetic drive, and no shaft seal. It will operate from 9V DC to 15V DC and has an expected life span of 15,000 hours.

Gee, that means I could start my bike and ride it 24 hours a day for almost the next two years before I even have to think about the water pump. . .:race:

Last edited:
Back