Anyone dating again after divorce?

Big Bo

Registered
The dating scene is very different now than it was 30 years ago. I have met some very nice ladies, and met a head case. Met a woman for coffee and turns out she was married to an old friend, I bugged out of that one. Met a millionaire, nice lady but the baggage was a bit much. Two ladies are very nice, one is rather old fashioned and easy going. The other is a big city gal, that works her tail off and is a home body. She is clingy too.

No, no hanky panky. Get that out of your minds.

Problem? One has 7 grown kids, the other 2 grown kids. Dating, I am not sure I want to deal with such a large family. When we go out she is a pleasure to be with. Never been in this situation before.

I hear that, last time i was "out and about" Before this past sept. was when i was 19 years old, 7 years and things have changed ???

All i seem to meet our headcases, but if you wouldnt mind passing that millionares info along, thats exactly what i'm looking for :laugh:

Best of luck to ya. Dating again would scare me to death.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Roll with the punches and enjoy the ride. Keep an open mind and do not jump back into anything serious too quick! Enjoy the company and freedom. think of it this way, more free time to ride and now find exactly what you want or who you want to be with.:thumbsup:

Roll with the punches and enjoy the ride. Keep an open mind and do not jump back into anything serious too quick! Enjoy the company and freedom. think of it this way, more free time to ride and now find exactly what you want or who you want to be with.:thumbsup:

What he said, and look out for gold diggers, one look at that busa and they want you

My suggestion from a 2 time loser. Dont get serious. Enjoy peoples company and leave it at that. specially if you love your stuff. i have lost 2 houses, countless tools, thousands upon thousands of dollars, 4 vehicles, 2 motorcycles, and so many personal items it makes me sick. Stay single enjoy the company and call it good.

My suggestion from a 2 time loser. Dont get serious. Enjoy peoples company and leave it at that. specially if you love your stuff. i have lost 2 houses, countless tools, thousands upon thousands of dollars, 4 vehicles, 2 motorcycles, and so many personal items it makes me sick. Stay single enjoy the company and call it good.

Lost the house, car, thousands, taxes, part of my retirement, ALL of my tools, bicycles, parts, gadgets, etc. I hear yah;.

Ok so what do you really want here??

If you dont want baggage, dot go there...
If you dont want head cases,, dont go there
I think you really need a good level headed woman with no kids that needs some attention, set you bar high, and just go with it!
Dont keep looking at a Corvette, on a Chevette's budget!

A little attitude adjustment is in order. You are engaging with the opposite sex with the need to replace what you had. You are kicking tires. Don't be anxious to buy a car. Takes time to get back in the groove of single life after a long term relationship.

Myself, when I feel that urge to tie the knot I simply go out in search of the ugliest woman I can find and buy her a house! Cuts out all that stuff between the first date and the dividing of assets! :rulez:

A little attitude adjustment is in order. You are engaging with the opposite sex with the need to replace what you had. You are kicking tires. Don't be anxious to buy a car. Takes time to get back in the groove of single life after a long term relationship.

Myself, when I feel that urge to tie the knot I simply go out in search of the ugliest woman I can find and buy her a house! Cuts out all that stuff between the first date and the dividing of assets! :rulez:

Dividing assets ??? What's hers is hers and what's yours is hers :laugh:

Just be social. Stop "looking" it is when you are not looking the good ones find you.

The dating scene is very different now than it was 30 years ago. I have met some very nice ladies, and met a head case. Met a woman for coffee and turns out she was married to an old friend, I bugged out of that one. Met a millionaire, nice lady but the baggage was a bit much. Two ladies are very nice, one is rather old fashioned and easy going. The other is a big city gal, that works her tail off and is a home body. She is clingy too.

What's different? Sounds about the same to me! :laugh:

On a serious note, how long has it been? Are you 'rebounding' or ready to take your time? Agree with GixerHP - take your time and find what you want. If one is 'clingy' and you don't like it, she's not going to become 'unclingly' and you won't like it even more.

Go out and have fun and forget about long term relationships. Sounds a bit like you might be rushing into it. As long as you are not in a committed relationship, you can continue to meet others.

Good luck!

Yes dont rush any thing at this point!
What's different? Sounds about the same to me! :laugh:

On a serious note, how long has it been? Are you 'rebounding' or ready to take your time? Agree with GixerHP - take your time and find what you want. If one is 'clingy' and you don't like it, she's not going to become 'unclingly' and you won't like it even more.

Go out and have fun and forget about long term relationships. Sounds a bit like you might be rushing into it. As long as you are not in a committed relationship, you can continue to meet others.

Good luck!

Doesn't sound like you have found what you are looking for yet...take your time...if she's out there, she's out there...

like other's have said, take your time and quit looking for "The One"...i've been married twice and am currently happily single again :laugh: don't jump from one disaster into another, just enjoy your freedom for a while and rediscover who you are again...being married as long as you were, you've done a lot of changing in that time and you'll never be able to find what you are looking for until you find who you are now and discover what will truly make you happy...happy hunting :thumbsup:

Damn only been on a few dates and your wondering about her kids?? S L O W down. I dont even think about the kids till atleast 6 months down the road and thats if everything is going great between me and her.
Date, go out do things share the bill you buy once she buys next time. This is 2012 women burned there bras in the 60's cause they wanted to be equal. Well they are now equal meaning for jobs and salaries. If a woman expects me to pay for everything I am out. When she asks I am old fashioned I say well come to my house, do my laundry, vacuum, dust, polish, do my dishes, and also plant some flowers around the front of the yard if you want old fashion!! Old fashion means shes a slave to the man and his castle. DONT be suckered into this, dating can get expensive if you are a sucker!!
There are only 2 species in this world that stay with the same mate for life, Penguins and Coyotes. There is a reason for this.
Ive never been married and I usually end things when they start hinting, dodged that bullet many times!! You want a ring? Sit next to the telephone you will get a ring.

Date go out have fun and kick her ass out before noon the next day!!

The interesting part about being where you are with this kind of experience is that you get to pick and choose. Women, in general, are nuts. Enjoy thier company, have fun, but be yourself and be honest with yourself. The kids, being grown and hopefully independant, relieves much of the stress. I will never be involved with anyone else that has dependent kids but as adults that should change the focus some.

But no matter what be honest with yourself. If you don't want to be around that many people then don't. My wife comes from dedicated practicing Catholics, from her Grandmother to the youngest kid there's 120-I'm no kidding, kids. It's a lot to be around that many people, but they're in Indiana and we don't go up but every year or so. If I lived there I'd have to think about it.

You have experienced marriage and divorce, from my experience divorce is something I never want to experience again. Something I thought about is whether or not I liked her. Would I hang out with her even if the possibility of more was off the table. I decided yes and we're doing pretty well. Love is nice but you have to like them as a person to really have a relationship.

I have gone on a few but have not found the right one yet. I am perfectly fine single living with my kids. Sometimes women just get in the way. I am sure I will find someone but it's not a big deal for me right now.

Back