Anyone climbed Everest?

My father in law climb everest....Cost him over 50k full trip along with sherpas and almost didnt make it to the summit do to a storm...gonna take me and the wif to shasta and hood next year.....everest is a lil out of my current fitness level and way out of my budget

My father in law climb everest....Cost him over 50k full trip along with sherpas and almost didnt make it to the summit do to a storm...gonna take me and the wif to shasta and hood next year.....everest is a lil out of my current fitness level and way out of my budget

Got to be very careful w/ Mt. Hood. People underestimate it and quite a few lives have been lost there, including recently.

Why Is Mt. Hood America’s Deadliest Peak? : The Adventurist

If you really want to cream yourself there's K2. I just want the prune juice to work.

k2-northridge.jpg

I couldn't do Everest at this point in my life.. too old and out of shape. I climb our 13k and 14k peaks here though and it leaves me wishing for a lot more oxygen lol.

I saw all those shows on Discovery this past week...tons of credit to the guys that make it up there, I won't ever be in that good of shape.

I remember hearing they actually refused to give climbing permits for a year or two so that the mountain could be cleaned of some of the debris...wonder how clean it is now...I always thought maybe 100 people reached the summit a year, an elite group...but obviously anyone with enough $$$ for a personal trainer/2 months off can climb it :p

I have nothing but respect to those who can survive the mental and physical hardships involved in extreme climbing. They (men and women) are more man than I. :whistle:

The closest I have done altitude wise, is riding my Busa above the 10,000 ft level for 3 days. That was pretty cool.

SNC10260.JPG

SNC10259.JPG

Nope, eight foot ladders scare me. I"ll just stay on the ground.:thumbsup:

Dude!! I thought I was the only one.
My wife is a large loss claims adjuster for AAA homeowners and has to go on roofs all the time (if the house still HAS a roof). She's freakin' got no fear! I get sweaty palms just climbing up to check the gutters.

But even though she went through MSF and got her license she's still petrified about riding a bike. Go figure. :laugh:

Not Everest but I think this guy is really something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not Everest but I think this guy is really something.

Dan was awesome until he tried to defy the laws of gravity with an old rope. Very unfortunate...

I've done a lot of 14-teener's in Colorado and California and the 3rd highest peak in North America, Orizaba (18,400ft). Everest will have to wait until I win the lottery though.....

Dude!! I thought I was the only one.
My wife is a large loss claims adjuster for AAA homeowners and has to go on roofs all the time (if the house still HAS a roof). She's freakin' got no fear! I get sweaty palms just climbing up to check the gutters.

But even though she went through MSF and got her license she's still petrified about riding a bike. Go figure. :laugh:

I'm right there with you. Airplanes are for climbing...not ladders.

One of my cousins has climbed most of the mountains around the world with his wife. I think he's done Everest on several occasions. It's one of his hobbies, and is apparently serious business. At their wedding, each table was named after a different mountain they had climbed.

Edit: the only "climbing" I've done was in an E85 Econoline up to the top of Pikes Peak. :D

Last edited:
Back