Anybody Pickup Their \'00 Yet?

Just wanted to say hello to all. Been reading posts for about a month. Decided it was time to register. Thought I might give you guys some info. Drove by the dealer here in Philadelphia in which I've been so impatiently waiting the delivery of my 2000 Busa. Friday 2pm guess what I see in the parking lot. A blue and silver Busa. Thought I was seeing things. Come to find out the dealer only had one delivered at the time. Too bad I'm number two on the list. Dealer said he will have another shipment in about a week. I'm waiting for the blue and silver, with my luck the only one that will be shipped is the red. Maybe I'll change my mind when I see it in person.

Philly-Busa sends.......

My red busa arrived at the dealership last Friday. (Baltimore,MD) I was going to take delivery today but it's raining big time. I should have it safely home before X-mas...

My dealer said that he won't be getting another one until sometime in January. They are only getting six for the whole year! Boy am I glad that I made my deposit back in September!! :)

Lyle,

I don't have any experience with these new "modern" bikes but I can tell you that the difference between my Busa and my 84 Interceptor is like night and day. This is without a doubt the smoothest, fastest, and most fun piece of machinery I've ever played with. At first the aggresive seating position felt a bit awkward, but after only 50 miles I am feeling right at home on it.

My dealer didn't seem to be able to give me a firm (or even approximate) delivery date until I mentioned to him that I had found a Y2K at another dealer. Seems rather amazing to me but within 2 hours he called me back to tell me I could come down and pick up his first bike. Apparently the two guys ahead of me needed some time to arrange their financing.

Good luck, you are going to be one happy guy when you finally get your bike!

Just FYI, the service guy at the dealership I got my bike from mentioned that of the 22 99's they sold this year 18 had come back crashed, a couple of them twice! I'm going to be extra careful on this beast for a while.

I'm located in Philly. The dealer here has two not one but two burgundy and grey y2k Busas on the floor as we speak. I'm waiting for the blue and silver and he told me I have another two week waite. Anyone intrested can call Philadelphia Cycle Center located at Aramingo and Castor. Hope this info can help some lucky Busa buyer. I almost changed my mind when I saw it. I was about to be a burgundy busa owner. But I think I'll waite. Too cold to ride anyway.

Cycle Riders in Longwood FL received their first blue/silver today. It's on display at the dealer as I write this. Two more and I'll have my blue/silver.

--Felix
coco@att.com

Burgundy?????????are you guys sure????
I know the red is really dark, but I've always heard "Red/Gray".

Heck, I would take any color right now.

I had a deposit on the first of 3 busa's to arrive this December since October, I guess I've been naughty, santa is leaving me empty handed.. :(

I'm pretty sure, with all my hinting and all, that my wife may have some accessories under the tree for me, too bad there won't be anything to put them on.

Talked with my dealer today, he said last Friday, 17th will be the only release for December.....I guess that explains our unusually warm / dry / sunny / 55 degree weather to accompany my only two weeks of the year off (Bikeless!!!)

Anyone with some extra patience, my supply has since run out..... :)

Martin, you always believe everything your dealer says???? Mother Suki is known for "misrepresenting" dates; your dealer probably doesn't have a clue but wants to give YOU the impression he's on top of things. Keep your panty-hose on! ;)

--Felix

Just got my '00 Burgandy (Not red) and Gray
Busa last night. My wife told me that Santa
left my gifts at Lees Performance Center so
off I go!

Thanks for all your support guys. This is a great forum. BHMADSEN thanks for the words. It's has to be soon here in PA if their getting them in out-of-the-way places like Maine and Oklahoma. Penna is supposed to be the trucking hub of the world.

Why did I start this damn topic. Visited the dealer last night and there's no sign of her. Everybody around me is getting theirs. This is making me nuts. whine whine.

Will you guys ride your new ones and let us know how they ride.

As far as color, have you seen the red/gray on the dealer's book? It looks pink, and as long as it is not pink, I'll take it. Besides, the guy told me that if I didn't like it I could pass on it; he assured me it was impressive looking (the history with this dealer is that when I ordered my valk, the brochure showed it red and it was orange as a pumpkin (I love it now and wouldn't change it for the Y2K red).
Can somebody with a new bike ask your dealer which territory NM falls into? Dealer says he cannot check with anybody at suzuki; we just have to wait until it arrives. It sounds like Mexico, not the U.S.

You are right coco.

I'm getting the impression dealers really don't know when the bikes will arrive. Although I think that is rather unprofessional, I guess the high demand puts us in this position.

I can see it now in my work setting, I'm sorry boss your deadline means nothing to me, keep hoping, keep up your worthless efforts, and my project will be finished when it is on your desk........ ;)

I'll keep you guys posted, those of you that have your new Y2k, we envy you.....

Take it easy,
Martin

I'm on the same boat Lyle. Yelled at my dealer this morning to get it off my chest. He only ordered mine, and I've heard dealers getting 1 instead of 3 or 4. I hope my 1 doesn't become 0.

Back