Anybody Pickup Their \'00 Yet?

And to think that I was hoping that you guys would be having better luck than I.

I have been told any day since the 10th of Dec.

a

No news at all. Major bummer.

How did you guys keep sane last year? At least I have ridden one, albeit a short ride. I can go down the street and sit on a '99 copper and get a vicarious thrill to keep my head screwed on, maybe.

[This message has been edited by Lyle (edited 17 December 1999).]

Dr Busa...yes the ZR-1 was the 5 liter 375 hp 6-speed Corvette with Lotus-designed suspension and a Keifhaefer-built (Mercury Marine) all-aluminum 4-cam, 36 valve engine. She was a sweetheart in her day...interior sounded like NASCAR at WOT. Went good too. Had it on the track a few times against Porsches and it was very competent.

VERY MUCH THE BUSA OF CAGES! She hauled 180 mph very quickly and, by my digital stop watch, pulled zero to sixty in 4.8.

Today's C5 345 hp Vette delivers nearly comparable numbers for a lot less money. It's still the best raw sports car bang for the buck in the world today.

And yes I will adopt you Sagge but you have to hand over your girl friend in the pictures as my dowry :)

sc2641,
ARE YOU A DEALER?
YOU SAID;
"I recieved a letter stating none of the additional units ordered would be available along with SV650 and Gsxr600's.I heard it was somethind to do with welding the frames in Japan. "

HAS THIS BEEN CONFIRMED? I AM SUPPOSED TO GET
ONE OF THE "EXTRA ORDERED" BIKES.

[This message has been edited by bimmerbusa (edited 17 December 1999).]

I went back and read the letter from Suzuki and it's possible they will be shipped just later. At the dealer meeting we are allocated a certain number of bikes based on sales the previous year. You can then order additional units if you think you'll need them. Usually we recieve the additional bikes. Last year I was able to get two additional units. There should be plenty of busas it just might take a while to get them all in. Release dates start thi month and continue through May.

Thanks for the insight. I was a little worried there. Its interesting to know that delivery is thru May. Where are you located?

[This message has been edited by bimmerbusa (edited 17 December 1999).]

The ZR-1 displaced 5.7 Liters.[LT-5] The engine was developed with the help of Lotus Engineering in England and produced for Corvette by the MerCruiser division of Mercury Marine. (STILLWATER, OK)

[I was a car nut before bikes!] :)

[This message has been edited by Todd (edited 17 December 1999).]

Lyle, I opted to wait for a greyblack and leave the copper sit, then after a month they sold the copper and I started getting scared. I must of drove those guys crazy but they didn't seem to mind. It took anotheer 2 months. I've been through some hairy crap in life but I think that was a long time torture. That's all I thought about. It was worth the wait, let me tell you, this bike is a CONTROLLABLE MONSTER. :( :( :) :) :) :) :)

I just received a call from my dealer stating that some Busas were released today and that I should have mine by 12/21. I'll keep you guys posted.

RIGHT TODD...I lost my mind there for a while. It was a 350 of course. It's been a bit since I owned it, but I stuffed 60,000 miles into that beast real fast.

...Boy you sure have to have your Ps & Qs together on this board :)

I'm a car nut too.

My car prior to the ZR-1 was a bought-new '87 Vette with the full-jam factory race suspension and some aftermarket tweaks.

3 1969 GTOs in a row, ending up with a fairly hot unit. Recently a Porsche 928 S4 for 120,000 miles of bliss.

I'm looking at the Honda 2000 when my current ride (a Lexus SC400) expires.

I just like driving great machines...road, water or air. But I'm probably guilty of not remembering all the specs of each perfectly.

hehe! DP - Plan ahead if you decide on the Honda since they are being produced in pretty limited numbers. First year production is said to already be sold in the US. Not sure about Canada. Don't expect a lot of low end torque from them but once your wind them up they come on strong and are of course supposed to handle like a dream! Should be some aftermarket parts developed pretty quickly for those little jewels too.

I'm out of southeastern Idaho, I get all of the bikes out of the Seattle warehouse. The rep. promised me I'd be able to have a Busa this year. Last year all of them had deposits, the only rides were to the gas station to fill them up and make sure everything was set-up correctly.

sc2641-

I'm in Northern CA and I would be willing to drive to ID (my wife's friends live in Boise) if the price were good enough. If it is, maybe I could get Mr. Bear and/or others to make the trek to SpudVille with me.

My local dealer is at 10,300 with no additional fees. What do you say? If you don't want to post a reply here, email me...
shane@mccoyauction.com
TIA

[This message has been edited by shane (edited 17 December 1999).]

got a call from my dealer today 12-18-99 bikes are shipped and i will have mine next
week 12-23-99

Sagge, strictly speaking a dowry is a sum of money or valuables that a bride's family gives to the husband at the time of marriage in many countries.

In India for instance, the bride's family often gives cows to the husband as a dowry. And fequently, if the wife's family does not come through with the dowry they promised, the husband will murder the wife. It's called "dowry death" and the law just ignores it.

A dowry is intended to insure the future wealth and security of a married couple.

I kind of bent the word to my purposes in my post to you. Sorry for using an obscure word...I know English is not your first language.

So, do I get my dowry or not?

[This message has been edited by Dirty Pete (edited 18 December 1999).]

GSXR1360 reported one released for 12/21 in Washington DC. Sounds good. I'm carrying my cell phone all the time now.

All-right Rainman. Beverly NJ probably gets their bikes off the same ship that central PA gets theirs. Good news.. Getting closer..

Thanx.

Back