ANY HAYABUSA OWNERS IN ORANGE COUNTY, USA??

OB_Rogue

Registered
Just wondering if there are any Busa owners living in O.C. lurking around here. Perhaps we can organize a ride up to Palomar/Julian sometime.

I don't see many in Ortega Highway or Palomar Mountain. I saw only ONE in Ortega going the other way about 6 months ago. I've seen and met two in Palomar Mtn. in the past 6 months. One was a poser who couldn't ride the twisties and sounded very arrogant. The other was an older guy who also owned an XX. He said he didn't like his Busa cause it wasn't comfortable, then he went on & on about how excellent his XX was. Turned me off. I don't think I would want to ride with either of these guys.

Anyone in O.C. care to ride??

Im in Yucaipa just above San Bernadino, can meet ya whenever yould like to ride. E-ma me at either Hayawiz@aol.com or WizsBusa@aol.com. I'd give ya my phone 909-790-3383 but you'll have to yak at the old lady as I'm deaf! but would enjoy the meeting another Busa rider. Hayawiz

I live in Long Beach, and have been known to venture behind the Orange Curtain from time to time. I have been trying to stay off Ortega since the enforcement increased last year(though I heard it is going to get even worse now). I have been known to visit the holy mountain from time to time though. E-mail me if you want to go riding sometime, my availability really varies......Red 00, Oh, I hope I am not the arrogant guy up at Palomar(I never owned a XX, and have only had mine since April)

Thanks for the responses guys.

To Jim Niesel, your profile doesn't show your email address. You think you can shoot that to me at: rogue_biker@yahoo.com
And no, you're not the arrogant guy(his was a black&grey). Besides, you don't sound arrogant. This guy sounded a bit miffed that I was actually admiring his Busa and asking him questions on how it handled the twisties(he said the bike isn't a twisty road bike). It's easy to spot posers the moment they open their mouthes! :-)

I currently have just a few riding buddies in O.C. but none are Busa owners. Also, due to conflicting work schedules, it's hard to get them all together for a ride. I do love to go and worship at the Holy Moutain :-) every Sunday, and in fact plan to go there this coming Sunday.

I am very aware of the enforcement in Ortega Highway. And if anyone of you have ever been there lately, you will understand why the CHP's are cracking down big time. Lotsa wild sportbikers! I only use Ortega as a route to get to The Mtn. so one pass for me and that's it. In addition, I try REAL hard to obey the speed limit in the valley section of the road because that's where the traffic enforcement is concentrated. Once through Ortega, the fun really begins.

Mr. Bear, thanks for the address in Hollywood. I will have to check it out.

C.Dolan, I'll check out the SoCal portion of LABusa.

[This message has been edited by Rogue (edited 20 July 2000).]

I'm in San Diego, soon moving to Escondido.

I know Hayawiz got stood up at Stir Crazy last weekend, but the address for So. Cal Busa owners still is

www.labusas.org

Saturday afternoons (usually 2-3 P.M.-ish),
Stir Crazy coffee house
6917 Melrose Ave., Hollywood

There are lots of members in this area.

I live in OC, Lake Forest To be exact. I own a 99 black Busa. I go to Ortega once a week or so. I am not a twisty expert yet, mostly just a street rider, but i am learning. If you ever want to hook up just let me know.

kaane@acsm.com

I live in San Diego, and have been going to Palomar. Usually work it in with going to run drags at Carlsbad, afterward. On the average, it gives me about a 200 mile day. Biggest crowd at Palomar is on Saturday, or Sunday, about midday. Weekdays a lot more quiet. If you've been to Palomar before, the major gathering place is "Mom's Kitchen". It's about 5 miles before Observatory. May be hooking up with some people in San Diego, and LA, Sunday, to check out Mikuni event at Long Beach. More info on http://www.labusas.org , in the So. Cal. Forum

https://www.labusas.org/members/red.2675/

200.gif

just lay low ~ if you visit *

Back