another pulled over story

1911boy

Registered
so i was on my way to work and going thru a local town. i come to the stop light with a motor officer on a harley road king. he sees my bike, and after the light changes green, he tucks in behind me. he of course lights me up and i pull over. he is very nice, and asks for all my info. after making sure everything was in order, i ask why he pulled me over.

exact quote, "I was just hoping you would run, thats always fun...but the legal reason is your license plate is mounted vertically."

Thats my kinda cop.

Alrighty then!

Glad you got off without incident
beerchug.gif

"thats always fun..." Must have been a Rookie on his first bike....

I have been considering moving my plate to the end of the swingarm in a vertical mount to clean up the tail a little more but that is exactly the reason why I will not do it.  It sucks that we now live in a world where we are more worried about stuff like that causing us to be pulled over when we can not seem to get the real criminals out there thrown in jail.  Traffic stops generate $.  Stopping and incarcerating drug dealers and sex offenders just eats up man power that could be better utilized to generate $ by doing more traffic stops.  
wow.gif

Sorry for the  
rant.gif

Sounds like a pretty petty reason for a stop, glad the local LEO's don't waste a whole lot of time enforcing silly stuff. What a dumb answer - "hoped you would run", hmmm - this seems to ignore the high risk to people like like my family, what an immature hot dog.
rant.gif

Funny...ga head run ga head, yup I dare ya yup...lol and the funniest part was that he was going to run you down with a HARLEY!!!, lol

Check your state laws. In SC horizontal, 12" to 36" from the road surface, visible, and lighted at night. My training is to approach and if safe introduce my self by title and department, provide a clear reason for the stop, and then ask for relevant information. In SC if I pull someone by state law I must issue a ticket or warning. In other words I better have a reason for stopping you or I'm violating your Forth Amendment Rights.

Tags have been discussed numerous times here.

Glad it went well for you. On items of this nature I ticket and ask them to come to court and show me the issue has been corrected and the ticket goes away. Haven't pulled anyone for this.

Too me, sounds like a pretty CS stop to me. Glad he didn't give you a ticket.

Traffic stops generate $.  Stopping and incarcerating drug dealers and sex offenders just eats up man power that could be better utilized to generate $ by doing more traffic stops.  
[/Quote]

When was the last time you saw a motorcycle cop do anything other than write tickets. Here in MI they only do traffic stops. Bank robberies, domestic abuse, rape, murder etc. would cost them money so they don't bother.

That's really F'd up.... Yeah... it's always fun to potentially see someone die trying to run... Glad you didn't get a ticket, but what an a$$.... As if you didn't have better things to do with your time
guns.gif

In most jurisdictions those people are incarcerated by folks like myself at great personal risk. What happens after they're dropped at the jail is another story, and has nothing to do with the cop in the street.

(dadofthree @ Jul. 14 2007,18:30) Check your state laws. In SC horizontal, 12" to 36" from the road surface, visible, and lighted at night. My training is to approach and if safe introduce my self by title and department, provide a clear reason for the stop, and then ask for relevant information. In SC if I pull someone by state law I must issue a ticket or warning. In other words I better have a reason for stopping you or I'm violating your Forth Amendment Rights.

Tags have been discussed numerous times here.

Glad it went well for you. On items of this nature I ticket and ask them to come to court and show me the issue has been corrected and the ticket goes away. Haven't pulled anyone for this.
I dont think i would remind him that he has violated my 4th ammendment

"alright buddy,you must give me a tix or warning or your violateing my rights"...haha

I'll take the incovienence of getting stopped for something stupid and blow it off rather then press my luck,theres always cops that feel like they are "god" once they get that badge and its a damn shame because they ruin it for the the ones who are decent people.

Back