Another one down.........

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
She got her first real crash tonight. We were heading home and a light rain started. You know what that means. Oil made its way on top of the water. She was behind me at about 15 MPH. The rear end stepped out some how. Boom shes down. Thank god I'm a gear nazi. She hit face first. AGV helmet held great, a direct hit on the faceshield and it only scratched it. AGV mesh jacket still in perfect shape, and she slid a while. She had jeans on and got a little rash on the cheek. Icon boots, perfect. Looks like another JB weld job coming, just like Shawns love. Broken screen, upper fairing and trun signal. Rash on center stand and left can. Not to bad at all. Of course, here are the pics.

By the way, we need a couple of parts. Windscreen and clutch side front signal. Anyone got a hook up?

DSCF0411__Medium_.JPG

I have that exact helmet around here somwhere in blue

agv pacifica... not a bad helmet.. but the ventilation is terrible.

and the strap.. why is that thing so long?

sorry.. off topic.. glad she's ok and yep.. used bike good way to go with new riders.

Of course stopping when it started raining for 15-20 minutes would have probably prevented it.. but thats how it goes.. live and learn and JB weld.. hehe.

my wife refuses to even try..... then I saw her ride a bicycle and nearly kill herself and stopped trying to persuade her.. lol

Sorry to hear she went down, but glad that she's OK and the bike isn't badly damaged.

wow.gif
Very sorry to hear... one of my worse fears is seeing my lady hit the pavement~ I'm glad she came out of it in decent shape~

Glad Malissa wasn't hurt bad. Did she get a little too much rear brake? The bike will get fixed, and this will make her a better rider.

(GSXcite @ May 26 2007,09:40) Glad Malissa wasn't hurt bad. Did she get a little too much rear brake? The bike will get fixed, and this will make her a better rider.
Were not sure what happened. She was behind me and we were coming to a stop. The road was in bad shape with all the oil/grime sitting on top of the water. I was pretty squirlly myself. She has riden in the rain a couple of other times with no issues.

Chris - wow. Hey, do you think stock rear turn signals from a Busa could work as a temp fix? If so, I have a set that I can send...
Glad Melissa is okay - felt kind of ill when I read the title...

Thanks to all who posted their concerns!! Friday's crash scared the daylights out of me and wasn't myself all weekend. Ended up with a killer headache lasting up until wee hours of this morning!!!! I think I got a mild concussion from the pavement impact. My mom & daughter thinks I should quite NOW while I am ahead...................NOT!!!!!!!!
super.gif
Chris worked on it a little last night and said the damage wasn't really all that bad. You learn from your mistakes! Posted up on the NINJA site and got a couple of links to check out for parts.
Love you guys-----thanks again!!!!
beerchug.gif

Back