Another Newbie

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

Welcome to the org and once you've taken the fairings off a few times, it'll be quick and easy...

Those first few times you're so worried about scratching 'em...

Post up some pics of your Busa!!
smile.gif

dtimmer............fairings are no big deal nor the oil/filter change........btw, I am in Fairview just off Old Stacy Rd...welcome
beerchug.gif

I didn't get home until after dark so I didn't get pictures tonight. If I get home at a reasonable time tomorrow, I will take some and post them.

Tejaschop, I'm just a little north of 380. Do you ride the backroads around Anna and Melissa?

Welcome -- once you take off the side panels and replace them, following the instuctions in the owners man.. You'll more than likely be better at it than the rookie techs at the dealers. I found that the tech at the local dealer did not fasten a couple of pins, after they istalled my sliders.

(dtimmer @ Feb. 11 2007,22:28) The inspection window is on the lower right side of the motor.  It is just inside the fairing and is visible, just not from straight on.

To check the level, run the motor for a couple minutes the turn the motor off and let it sit for 2 or three minutes.  Stand the bike up straight and the oil should be between the L(ow) and F(ull) lines on the inspection window.
Yep-exactly. For me, (I'm 6'6") I have to get on my hands & knees to see the window. Kind of a pain, but you'll get use to it.

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 11 2007,17:09) Its easy just one important thing get some of that blue painters tape from hardware store and tape the edge of the nose cowl where the side farings meet the nose. This will keep you from scratching the nose pc while puting it back together.  
beerchug.gif

Good luck! and Welcome!
This is good info, and the same way I do it. Take a close look at a few Busas in person and you'll sometimes see marks that exact place.

LOOKS GOOD !!! (NOW GET THE REFLECTORS OFF THE BIKE WITH THE QUICKNESS) IT'S NOT A BICYCLE !!!!! ! !!!!!

I didn't even notice them. I'll get them off ASAP.

Welcome!

... just get the oil changed at the dealer. That's what I do. lol!

Back