Another Cheese Head gets a Busa :-)

Ok, I reluctantly have to ask. What other must have accessories do i need? :-) Is there an accessory to make a trap-door in the aerodynamic hump directly behind the seat. Maybe there is a DIY thread on this, but I couldn't find it.
No trap door...there is a hump mod for storage though....I'd have to use the search feature to find it...so I leave that up to you...others have done the hump mod as well where you cut it out to keep the grab bar on.

If people change out the mirrors and GSXR1000 mirrors seem to work well, I think mine are from an '09 Gixxer.

Some put the GSXR front fender on (I personally like the Hayabusa front fender).

I have a throttle rest on mine which works pretty good in giving the hand a rest...

I personally have given up on high mileage tires and decided sticky was worth the extra money. My personal favorite type after trying quite a few is the Dunlop q3 plus
BTW: Thanks for the tire suggestion. The bike and tire combination makes the ride REALLY sweet in the corners. I can't be more happy! Thanks.

Although this set is pretty expensive you can see the ease of the mod which opens up the space in the hump. Gets warm back there so no candy bars…:D

BTW: Thanks for the tire suggestion. The bike and tire combination makes the ride REALLY sweet in the corners. I can't be more happy! Thanks.
No problem,I fell in love with them when I put them on my bike and I suggest them to everyone now. I'm no corner carver but they gave me a whole lot more confidence in the turns and had me leaning further then I ever had on the busa. Currently I'm kicking myself in the @$$ for deciding to give another tire (michelin power gp)a chance on my last change and while they aren't bad they still don't give me the feel and confidence I got from the q3+.

Heli-bars will fit your current setup with no other mods IF your risers are .75"
The 2 work really well together.
The outside edge of the Heli-bars angle up as they go out.
If your risers are 1", the master cylinders may contact the windsheild with heli-bars, and the lines will be tight.
You can always cut the current risers down too if need be.
If you search gen2 trunk mod, that can be done on a gen1 as well, it's not as large in the gen1, but works, and can be covered with an undertail.
More storage than just in the hump.

Ahh, this is starting to make sense now. Burnt up clutch and drag race tires. The tires are Shinko Verge. I have no idea how old the tires are, but they have never seen the road and feel quite soft. I know tires gas out so just because they haven't been run doesn't mean they are good. Does 3011 mean anything. It looks to be a changeable embossed number on the rear tire. Not to worry, I know what slippery tires feel like.

Thanks for all the discussion. It has been really helpful. I never envisioned myself with a Busa, but it kind of just fell into my hands without me knowing anything about them except their legend.
maybe someone caught this further down the thread, but I was surprised to scroll though 25 more posts after this one and saw NO mention...... the "3011" is manufacturer date code, 30th week of 2011. Any tire I don't know the history on over 6 years old means I'm getting the trailer out.

maybe bc the post was approx 3 years :poke:

IMG_4002.jpeg

Back