Always find a good Dyno tuner.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
Last night I got to experience the effects of a bad Dyno tune first hand. My engine let go at 80mph. Blue smoke and oil everywhere. Evidently I was too lean up top and it swiss cheesed my pistons. I wasn't doing a topend run, I held WOT for a 1/4 mile in 5th. Then poof, the power went away.

Great, just got her together too. Pics and info will come later this week.

sorry to hear this. Putting a hole in the piston isn't so bad. Get her back together and tunned soon.

Even with a good tuner it is a good idea to run a wideband of some sort to keep an eye on things. Not only can you fine tune in real world conditions, you can keep your eye out for potential problems.

could be that you picked up crud in an injector etc... (just a "maybe") the post mortem should tell you a bit more.. if only one piston is damaged with no apparent issues on any of the others, could be an injector screwed up... just worth checking before running the new build back up to speed...

Just seems an awful short distance on a naturally aspirated stock motor to do smoke a piston unless there is some mitigating circumstance..

Just seems an awful short distance on a naturally aspirated stock motor to do smoke a piston unless there is some mitigating circumstance..

I don't think it is N/A anymore but I may be wrong.

Back