All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray...

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
... but not here, cause I'm in LA, baby!!!

haha!

After a very stressful trip... I arrived very late Sunday night (about 2am monday) in LA. It took all week to find a place and get approved, blablabla... and finally I'm all moved in and I was even lucky enough to get my cable/net all set up the same day! At least some things went my way.

So... the bike DID survive the long haul across the USA. I strapped it across 4 corners using the forks just below the handlebars and for the rear I used the grab bar. Needless to say I was nervous the entire trip that the bike was going to go ker-plunk and fall over. I was also very concerned that my car (towed it behind the truck) was going to fall off the tow dolly.... so I was pretty much a nervous wreck the entire trip. I didn't stop to smell the roses so I have no pics of my trip except for 1 I took through the windshield of the truck. Remember, I was driving a 15' truck and then extended probably another 15' because I was towing my car.... so I was pure business on the road and just wanted to get to California as quickly and as safely as possible while preserving my car and the busa inside the truck. Thank you to everyone who wished me well. I saw your posts in the 'checking out' thread I posted before I left. I appreciate it.

So... today I finally got to ride the busa in Hollywood traffic. I must admit that it was scary. Scary just because the traffic here is EVEN heavier than it was when I used to live out here. In certain parts of town, namely Hollywood, it's not so simple to share lanes and cut between cars.... becasue there's not always enough room. I also took it easy since I've never split lanes on the busa and it has been so long since I've split lanes at all. Hollywood traffic is extremely tight! And that's an understatement. But on the freeways, here... splitting lanes is amazing fun. The 101 is like a racetrack. But I definitely need to get used to the city traffic around Hollywood. It requires your absolute attention... no looking around at chicks, etc. In an instant traffic can stop and if you're not prepared (even in a car) you're going to hit something/somebody. Riding a bike in certain sections of this city requires situational awareness and every ounce of rider skill you have. I can admit that I'm still a little nervous about it. But I'll be able to handle it once I get more riding time around my area.

I'm smack in the heart of Hollywood, too. I can spit and hit Hollywood Blvd. I'm between Vine and Highland on N. Wilcox. Ave. I like it because I can walk to my bank, Popeye's chicken, the liquor/convenient store... anything, really. My building is pretty pricey... but it's got covered/gated parking and a security guard on duty at night. I'm not the only one here with a bike, too. A red CBR is parked in the garage and also something that looks like a Honda cruiser (not sure what it is). The dude with the CBR got a better parking place than I did because his is bigger and he can easily fit his bike into the same spot as his car. On Monday I'm going to ask for another spot. In the pics that will follow in this thread, you'll all see what I'm having to deal with when it comes to parking my bike... it's as tight as (insert your nasty comparison here).

Ok, I've talked enough... so on with the pics!

Thanks again for the warm wishes for a safe trip! It worked. I'm here in once piece and so is everything I brought along...
smile.gif

The truck/car the night before I left AL to CA

1trk.jpg

This was either West New Mexico or Eastern Arizona... I can't remember. But it was pretty...

2newmexi.jpg

On Sunday (at sunset) I hit Phoenix.... but got delayed for over 2hrs because an entire section of I10 west was shut down... I don't know why. I just know that it sucked!

3phoenixjammed.jpg

When I finally got to LA in the wee hours of Monday morning, I had to settle into a hotel in Reseda simply because that hotel had truck parking... I was in this room all week before checking out today (friday). I can't even begin to explain how happy I was to leave this hotel!

4reshotel.jpg

Ok, so here's what my busa looks like parked in my new apartment parking garage (for now because i'm going to ask for another space). It's squished!!!

I also need to put my hump back on!

5busalaptgar.jpg

Here's my apartment. Pic taken during my move-in... taking a break. This is a bigger studio than I wanted. There's an entire dining area off screen to the right and also a built-in desk not shown in this pic. I'm on the lower leven and I can see the pool through my window.

Note the gatorade! See... I don't only drink whisky! haha!!!

6paptmovein1.jpg

The lobby of the building at night. Taken around 7pm-ish tonight (fri).

8aptlobbynight0.jpg

Here's an amazing photo of.... my bathroom hahahaha!!!!

And this will conclude this photo session. I will definitley post up pics around Hollywierd during the day, etc... I just moved in tonight and my place isn't even situated yet. But I wanted to get these pics up for y'all to see for now.

Thanks for reading/looking!

Stay safe, bros!

PaND

93bathrooooooomlol.jpg

Ooops! I almost forgot to post a pic of what the bike looked like inside the truck.... here it is.

94busaintrk.jpg

I'm very concerned about my parking situation. If I have to live with this, I'll just park the bike behind my car. But for tonight I stuck it in front. My car is the one on the left side of the bike (kickstand side). But, yeah... a busa-sandwich it would be if that green car made a mistake!!! But I also made sure my bike wasn't even touching anyone else's space just in case... so that it would certainly be their fault. And since the spaces are assigned, I'd know who hit me.

(Donnie373 @ Nov. 04 2006,02:47) I would have been so freakin nervous... i woulda put 'baby on board' stickers all over the truck!
EVERY SINGLE bump I hit on the road made me nervous that the straps would come loose and the bike was gonna dump over. But I took a single bed instead of a queen size just so I could put a matress and box spring on either side of it for some protection just in case....

The most nervous thing was taking the truck back to the rental place without any side protection. I took the truck back with the bike inside still so I could ride the bike bike to my apartment... and unloading it tested my nerves. I sat on it and rolled it down the ramp backwards. I had two guys from the truck place helping... one in front of me and one behind to help guide it down the ramp. I couldn't just ride down the ramp because it hade a big dip at the bottom. It had to be rolled down slowly. When all was said and done, I had to smoke a few cigs to calm down!

Nice photos, glad to hear your trip went good, but your parking situation just stinks. I've missed your daily share of ranting...lol

beerchug.gif

Hey, don't worry... I'll be back!!! (with my rants!!!)

This Los Angeles traffic WILL get me riled up!!! That's a fact!!!

Congrats on the move, but I have to ask. I know you checked the bike every fuel stop, but how many times did you stop along the way for the sole purpose of checking the bike?

Don

(usn04limited @ Nov. 04 2006,05:56) Congrats on the move, but I have to ask. I know you checked the bike every fuel stop, but how many times did you stop along the way for the sole purpose of checking the bike?

Don
I had to refuel every 310 miles or so.... so when I stopped to re-fuel the truck, I checked the bike/car every single time. That's it. It's that simple......

Thanks. Have fun on your long ride....

PaND aka
Charlie Busser

Back