Akropovic vs youshimura

dump pipe no questions
wink.gif

i just built mine instead of buying it the first one was made from the stock system to a collector and thats it.
1600 what, 1800 what, noisey huh, yep the harley's get away with it so why not. if your racing it then its a hot rod, and hot rods are noisey, leak oil, and kill tires. i think every aftermarket pipe is only personal pref. just my $0.02

I tune bikes and the akro is the best !
The yosh CONSISTANTLY runs 3-4 MPH slower !
If you want sound at a good price than get the yosh.
If you race and want performance AKRO

I really like my Akro Bolt ons, IMO they are some the best sounding cans I have ever heard on a Busa. Quality is top notch and they are holding up very well.

BUT Having put two sets of Yoshimura Bolt ons on a couple of Busa's I have to say that they make an awesome sound as well and their carbon is top notch.

When it come to a full system though, I say it has to an Akro, their welds are sexy as hell and their Ti system weighs nothing.

I just installed an Akro Race. It is the same pipe as the Evolution except it is stainless steel instead of titanium. Akro shows the same dyno numbers for both pipes on an otherwise stock bike (about 10 hp peak). Dyno Jet has a map ready for download from their site or the CD that comes with the PCIII usb. You can save yourself a couple of hundred bones if you go stainless and it still has bling. Also the Akro is held in place with springs and is a liittle easier to remove for maintenance.

I picked up a very conservative 12hp with the Yosh TRS and an Intake cam in the exhaust. Plus bike lost some serious weight over stock cans/system.

I'd say Yoshi, but I can't prove it.
Depends on which yoshi system and which akro system.
In reality, it'll probably be so close, there won't be a significant winner.
Yep powerwise its going to be too close to call. Its more about the look, sound, and fit you want :beerchug:
BTW....where the hell did this old sh*t come from??

Last edited:
great post guys.... i'm very curious about this, because i always loved the Akra's and was only not considering it because so damn heavy in the pockets... so i'm curious because, i've been offered $1300 (canadian) cash out the door for the full Yosh R55 (busa edition)full system, and shop will charge to tune for $150 so i won't need to use power commander... only thing i wish is that it came in black or at least with the CF sleeve instead of the crazy mirror polish it comes in...

anyone got this set up and dyno'd?

Yosh quality isn't what it used to be. As much of a fan I've been since the 80's with Yoshimura. Between the two I would now pic the Akropovic system.

That being said I just bought a Brock's CT Series full Ti system!

Yoshi's perform and look awesome, some of the best looking exhausts out there imo, but when it comes to fit they suck...big thumbs down. But once you get the basterds on they rock :thumbsup:

I ran a Yoshimura TRS Tri-Oval Race System. The Yoshimura exhausts look and sound better to me. But performance wise you'd have to be smoking crack to overlook the Akapolvik. We finished building 2 Busa's a while back. I already sold the TRS Tri-Oval System, but the Akapolvik is still for sale. Full system for a Gen1 Busa, probably would let it go for $500 TYD. ???

Back