Airplane radar popped me 92 in a 70 zone.

I'm going to find out tomorrow how much and if below $200 then I'm going to pay it and be done. If any more then I'm going to court. There are no signs at all stating air patrol or anything. The ticket clearly has "Air Radar" checked and the cop said it was not him and it was the plane that got me. Thanks for the replies. I will keep you posted.

they don't have to post signs. and air radar is just a term. its simply a form of vascar. they watch u go from point A to point B usually with a white line marked on the highway to another white line. its terribly accurate and not subject to interference like radar is. I highly doubt the fine will be less then $400. probably closer to $500 if not more.

There have been a couple of posts recently about tickets. I'd like to add a thought. I was told by a close friend who is an insurance franchise owner that the LEOs do not report your offense to your ins company. The ins companies run a small percentage of their customers every year to check the driving records. He also said they tend to run their high risk drivers. So just because you get a ticket, it is not guaranteed that it will hit your policy.
no law enforcement doesn't report to insurance companies but insurance companies pay a fee to DMV to access driver history. its an automated system and everyone gets run who has insurance with a particular company and if u have moving violations or reckless operation or DUI charges they will know and ur rates will go up as a result. especially if ur clocked at 90+ mph.....

they don't have to post signs. and air radar is just a term. its simply a form of vascar. they watch u go from point A to point B usually with a white line marked on the highway to another white line. its terribly accurate and not subject to interference like radar is. I highly doubt the fine will be less then $400. probably closer to $500 if not more.

no law enforcement doesn't report to insurance companies but insurance companies pay a fee to DMV to access driver history. its an automated system and everyone gets run who has insurance with a particular company and if u have moving violations or reckless operation or DUI charges they will know and ur rates will go up as a result. especially if ur clocked at 90+ mph.....

Thanks for the clarification GNBRETT. I was hoping one of you LEOs would weigh in on that. Much appreciated and thanks for what you do every single day to help keeps us safe.

Lawyer up and go to court. At least you can reduce it or change it to something else.

If it's in Toledo your in luck it will drain three hours out of your life but nine times out of ten they will cite equipment failure
They just want the cash is all if you look on the positive side when you go to court in Toledo the people watching is choice
You'll feel much better about yourself when you leave:thumbsup:

Tell them that it is crazy talk...the bike can't go much over 60mph...Ohio troopers are out this weekend due to the air show + holiday weekend

If it's in Toledo your in luck it will drain three hours out of your life but nine times out of ten they will cite equipment failure
They just want the cash is all if you look on the positive side when you go to court in Toledo the people watching is choice
You'll feel much better about yourself when you leave:thumbsup:

BINGO!

They could care less how fast you were going, they just want the MONEY!

You can either talk with the prosecutor to get it reduced or pay a lawyer to do it for you. If it's your first offense ever or in a few years they typically will let you off with probation and a fee and that's it. If you are on a first name basis with the judge then you might not be so lucky... :rofl:

You either pay up front for the lawyer and fighting the ticket to go away, or you pay MORE for it over the next xx years when your rates increase!

The cop said I can just call in find out the ticket cost and mail it in. I have had only one speeding ticket in the past 5 years. I don't think points will be a issue for me. So if I pay it does it go away with points added?

If you mail it in then you are admitting and accepting guilt therefore you will most definitely receive points....

Idk which state your license is and the point system varies but a 92mph speeding ticket is going 2 amount to some points! After it's all said and done you may be 1 more ticket away from a suspension. In PA you only lose 1 point per year off your license if you don't have any more infractions for that year. So say anything over 8points get your license suspended and this ticket just cost you 6.... Doesn't leave you much lee way for some time :whistle:

Thanks man. I will have to look into it further. I don't want the point thing to bite me in the ass!

The thing you gotta realize and what everybody has been telling you is if you just mail it in you will for sure get points on your license.... there is Zero chance that you wont

If you contest it or hire a lawyer and fight it there is no guarantee that you will beat it or be able 2 plead down to a lesser offense for less points or no points @ all but you will have a chance....

Mail it in = No chance

Fight it = Possible chance

Don't just pay it.
Get a ticket atty and go thru them. In the end it may cost around the same amount but you won't get the points on your license which may in turn affect your ins.

fight it, I d rather give a lawyer 400 and have no points than give it to the state that issued it

that depends on ur state. in many states if u pay the fine without contesting it then there is no points. ppl think oh thats great cause no points means my insurance company won't know. not true.

from what I have read it appears the Indiana does not work like it does in CT for example. in CT if u pay the fine its no points. IN does not appear to offer that option so if u send it in guilty and pay it then ur surely to get points. I'm really surprised u don't have a mandatory court date with that.

in most all states 92 mph wud be considered reckless operation. in IN if u receive 2 or more moving violation convictions in a year then ull have to go to driver retaining school.

so 6 points on ur license is pretty steep. IN only gives DUI 2 more points at 8. but u need 18 points to hav ur license suspended within 24 months. that conviction will be on ur driving record for 10 years tho. the points come off with 2 years. so ur insurance company will be privy to that for a very long time.

The cop said I can just call in find out the ticket cost and mail it in. I have had only one speeding ticket in the past 5 years. I don't think points will be a issue for me. So if I pay it does it go away with points added?

Can't you appear (if the officer does not show it is dropped) or say no contest and pay the fine + court cost?

Called today got the info on the ticket. It will be 2 points on my on my liscense. The fine is $195 I live in Indiana but the ticket was in Ohio. Given my record it wouldnt pay to get lawyer at this point. I'm considering just sending the ticket in and moving on.

Personally, Id get a lawyer and plead it down if possible. Save the points on your license for when you really need them!!

-D

Back