After 2 years, Superbyke off the table!

Good question.....I came across the early Gen I silver forks with only 1200 miles on them. Also, my other set works so incredibly well with the Race Tech parts, why change? I have ridden the Race Techs SO HARD under so many conditions, I just love em so staying with that configuration was a no brainer for me. With the s/s lines, radial lever, high end pads, rebuilt calipers, Braking rotors, CZ wheels, overall light weight, I might become a STUNTAH! Doyle

i dont think there will be much to gain, just another tech piece. either way nice ride :thumbsup:

BTW, the nose will take on a "finished" look when I install the below depicted windscreen (I've just decided to order it!). Plus, it will make a big difference at higher velocities!

HesaWindscreenDualHeadlightsmall.jpg

sweet looking bike:thumbsup::thumbsup: so what you going to do now since the project is done??? i'll gladly take it off your hand so you can start on another project :laugh:as far as that dip SH*T goes.....there's always some azzwipe that try to crap on your dream. criticism is one thing, but then there's just plane rudeness:moon:

Nice to see the update, Doyle. 470 lbs is a whole lotta liposuction on that girl.

What we're not seeing is all the stuff you did such a good job to reroute and hide once the plastic was no longer there to cover it. You know you've succeeded when people don't even notice!

Now as for the radiator hose? :whistle:

Looking forward to some more pics. :thumbsup:

Bike looks good dude!

I'm kind of on the fence with using the stock gauge cluster though. I looks out of place because it's so wide

That's a beautiful shape on that fender Gene, mine is Magical Racing (from Japan). Glad you're puting yours back together. Doyle

From pics I've found it appears to have a nice snug fitting appearance on a Busa. I think it will be fine for the street but will probably want to run a stocker for better aerodynamics if I do pursue the LSR. I think it will also tie in nicely with the Carbon Muzzy I picked up recently.

P2100003.jpg

e6_1.jpg

First off, that's the best looking naked Busa I've ever seen. Period. Well done!

If I were to change anything on it, I might consider slimming down the rear hump somehow. Does it looks a little large in relation to the front end? Maybe? I don't know...

Regardless, an awesome bike. Just awesome. :bowdown:

OMG, I want to answer and thank all you guys for your awesome suggestions! First, I agree, the speedo unit looks too big....but I'll wait and see how it blends when I put the above mini windscreen on. Second, I've given a lot of thought about the hump but...I want to maintain the classic Gen I Busa silhouette so "knowing eyes" can ID the bike and also, for some reason, doesn't look that big in real life! Third, the oil cooler is gone and the radiator has the following mods....top big return line nipple removed and replaced on rear of radiator so line will be shorter and dissappear sooner. Radiator has been done in satin black. There is a Cox front screen mounted. ALL lines will be silver stainless steel with chrome fittings (already got it all).....in keeping with the silver/black motif.

IF I have to later, I'll buy an aftermarket radiator BUT they are about $800 bucks so maybe if I sell a gun or bicycle some day!

Again, thanks to all of you for the thoughtful input! Doyle

P1020217.JPG

P1030364.JPG

P1030384.JPG

P1030937.jpg

P1020986.JPG

P1030427.JPG

P1030383.JPG

From pics I've found it appears to have a nice snug fitting appearance on a Busa. I think it will be fine for the street but will probably want to run a stocker for better aerodynamics if I do pursue the LSR. I think it will also tie in nicely with the Carbon Muzzy I picked up recently.

Gene, I'm a big fan of carbon Muzzy's!
Doyle

P1020650.JPG

P1020668.JPG

Back