Advice

BigBadDodge

Registered
Why do people feel the need to run they're mouth, and then all of a sudden want to know what you did to make it work or how to fix something?

On the same note people you give advice that has worked prior but then go a different way and wonder why it doesnt work?
Am i alone here on this?

First was a dude running his mouth about how my bike was setup, then hours later beggin me to help him get his running,

then today guy asking about some cummins valve adjustments

my response was "Running a big cam and 110#valve springs i was told to run the factory lash adjustments to avoid kissing pistons, so with your factory springs definately need to run factory specs i made 700hp on this setup with no piston contact spinning 4k rpm and 65psi of boost"

His response-"yea the motor i took out had rings on the pistons from valve contact"

My response-"exactly why risk the money involved with the bottom end, run what is proven"

His response- "well im gonna run the .008 intake and .015 exhaust it should be alright"

What i wanted to respond with- then go ahead and risk it, why even bother asking if you wont listen (insert explectives here)

I know what you are saying. I get paid to tell people my opinion for work and guide them in the right direction on technology. I can't tell you how many times they think they can do it different, better or cheaper only to find had they done it the way they were instructed the first time things would have been just peachy :laugh:

At the end of the day, if they are paying you for your advice and do something different, you still got paid and should they require more of your services/time to fix their dumbazz decisions, well that's just more in your pocket.:thumbsup: If you are giving free advice, you could always just say "well you know it is free advice but its coming from a guy that's done what you want to do, failed at it and then figured out the right way to do it...oh and spent all the money you could save by listening" :whistle:

zukracer said:
I know what you are saying. I get paid to tell people my opinion for work and guide them in the right direction on technology. I can't tell you how many times they think they can do it different, better or cheaper only to find had they done it the way they were instructed the first time things would have been just peachy :laugh:

At the end of the day, if they are paying you for your advice and do something different, you still got paid and should they require more of your services/time to fix their dumbazz decisions, well that's just more in your pocket.:thumbsup: If you are giving free advice, you could always just say "well you know it is free advice but its coming from a guy that's done what you want to do, failed at it and then figured out the right way to do it...oh and spent all the money you could save by listening" :whistle:

I was ready to call you in at work a few months ago when we switched over to a new system and it crashed, hard. The latest story I was told is that our servers weren't capabile of handing the new work load and the company was told this. But, they didn't wanna spend the money to upgrade those. :banghead:

And Paul, I wanna weld without a mask, thinkin if I just squint it'll be okay, Whatcha think? :rofl:

Smellphone via Forum Runner

Back