Advice-looking to relocate

1320Busa

#1 stand up playa,fug with me,RSD will k
Donating Member
Registered
I have a great opportunity with my company to move into my territory (South Eastern Region). I have the option to move in the areas of Greenville,SC or Central,FL give or take 200 mile radius. I would like to have some acreage to build a shop and ride dirt bikes. Any ideas???

I live in the Northern California (Wine Country) I don't think it could be much higher.thanks,

Property in Florida is dirt cheap, especially out in the sticks.  Cheap living, make ya look like a RockStar.  
smile.gif
 I mean CHEAP...  On the Coasts you'll find some $$$ Beachfront, down in Southbeach...  But otherwise sell your NoCal Home and buy about 3-3,000sqft McMansions, and have plenty of Green left for some toys!!!

Personally though you cannot pay me enough to go back,  WAY over Crowded, WAY to HOT, Real SPARSE riding to be done.  Blah...

But if you like it Hot and sticky, you like crowds and people? You'll prolly like the Southeast...  But I would rather live about ANYWHERE else.  Seriously though, NoCal is beautiful good weather, cool temps.  FLORIDA IS ABOUT THE OPPOSITE!  
laugh.gif

Before you move, take a week in July and Head to Disney or Tampa or wherever and you'll see what I am on about.  

BUT

If you HAVE to Move out there?  GreenVille Would be the way to go, no doubt.  LOT's of actual money in the region and you have Atlanta and it's services available.  Folks allways seemed more friendly too.  Lot's of Golfing, and history,  Hot as fug, but you will still get some seasons.. And SOME decent roads to ride!

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145552869 -->

Tell us how you REALLY feel Revlis.
laugh.gif

Sad thing is... he's right. It's hot, and flat and crowded and sticky and (he forgot his favorite part) buggy.

But out in the sticks you CAN get land cheap, if you don't mind an hour commute to a large city. The coast lines are expensive, inner Florida is cheaper as long as you stay away from Orlando.

Not to worried about the cost just location. Our house now is 3,300 sqft big lot 2 car garage and 1,000sqft shop,pool of corse it has been estimated at 1.1mil. I have been leaning twoard NC,or SC. I just can't pass this up I have been here 17yrs an the owner want to put people he can trust in the territory. The owner offered me a sweet package. Huge rasie,Truck of my choice,monthly expense account. thanks to every one that responded

Charleston South Carolina comes High Recommended from an Old Buddy of Mine. He used to go on and on...

Georgia isn't bad and would be my preference because it does actually get cooler in the winter, and you kinda have seasons. Smokey Mountains and such are near as well. could get yourself the nice the Cabin in the Woods Weekend get Away...

lots of rich history and quality of living in the nc/sc area...stay a bit out of town get good land and enjoy all the local benifits

I am a native of the SE US and I lived in the Orlando area for about a year and a half and it was the worst, well ok, north Louisiana was worst but, overall, I did not like Central Fl.

- Summers are hot and sticky, inserted for perspective, EVERY place down here is hot and sticky...
+ Winters are awesome - you'll never need a jacket unless its riding gear related
- Crowded
+ Daytona is a plus, specially the beach there!
? I learned that the first thing you have to ask people is "where ya from"? I dont think more than 1 in a 100 people in FL are from FL. Causes a loss of cultural identity, that is unless you categorize retired "blue platers" on permanent vacation a source of soul.
+ FL has a sh** load of coastal attractions, I am a deep sea fishing freak and love the beach bummin scene so that part was top shelf.
- Handgun carry laws are kinda weird although they have dropped the "duty to flee" part.
+ Schools are decently funded. Not compared to CA, I have lived there too, but when compared to other Southern states FL is among the better of them.
- Central and south FL are very hurricane prone. I live on the coast of Southern Bama and we have had 5 named storms since the '04 season but Fl, da*n, they have had nearly twice that much.

Later!

I am a native of the SE US and I lived in the Orlando area for about a year and a half and it was the worst, well ok, north Louisiana was worst but, overall, I did not like Central Fl.

- Summers are hot and sticky, inserted for perspective, EVERY place down here is hot and sticky...
+ Winters are awesome - you'll never need a jacket unless its riding gear related
- Crowded
+ Daytona is a plus, specially the beach there!
? I learned that the first thing you have to ask people is "where ya from"? I dont think more than 1 in a 100 people in FL are from FL. Causes a loss of cultural identity, that is unless you categorize retired "blue platers" on permanent vacation a source of soul.
+ FL has a sh** load of coastal attractions, I am a deep sea fishing freak and love the beach bummin scene so that part was top shelf.
- Handgun carry laws are kinda weird although they have dropped the "duty to flee" part.
+ Schools are decently funded. Not compared to CA, I have lived there too, but when compared to other Southern states FL is among the better of them.
- Central and south FL are very hurricane prone. I live on the coast of Southern Bama and we have had 5 named storms since the '04 season but Fl, da*n, they have had nearly twice that much.

Later!
Don't forget...

From my limited Fla experience, you pretty much HAVE to learn Spanish. From my vacations down there, every other person only speaks spanish. I might be wrong though....

You said the price really doesn't matter so here is my suggestion. Savanah, Georgia. My wife went to school there (SCAD) and the place is awesome. We lived in SE Georgia (St Marys) and she drove to school up there every day. Camden county Georgia is nice too, 45 minutes from Jacksonville Fl, so everything that you could ever want to do is available but alot of the crime drugs and BS that goes along with a big city is separated from you by 45 miles of marshlands. There is a Navy base in Camden county Georgia. Anyway just another place to think about.

Don

I looked into the Greenville area of SC a couple of years ago. Only word I have for it is CHEAP. Beautiful country. The downside is the nearest major airport (Atlanta) is about a 5.5 hour drive. Lots of riding areas. On and off road. I'll try and find my off-road link and post it later. I spent 6 months in Orlando, 4 years ago. I tried for 4 years to get back down there, with no luck. Pay is low, due to the amount of people who are willing to do what ever it takes to live there. I'd say you can't go wrong with either place. Just have to decide what you want. You kind of eliminate the hurricane factor in Greenville though. If given the opportunity to go to the Greenville area permenantly, I'd jump on it in a heart beat.

Best of luck,

Steve

Back