Looks like the south is going to get some snow!

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
NWS is calling for 2-5" here in the Greenville area! If that plays out it will be the biggest snowfall we have had in a while around here. I am constantly checking the weather channel for any changes. lol I love the snow I feel like a kid at Christmas!:cheerleader:

Issued by The National Weather Service
Greenville-Spartanburg, SC
6:04 pm EST, Sat., Feb. 28, 2009

... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH MONDAY MORNING... ... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS CANCELLED...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM SUNDAY MORNING THROUGH MONDAY MORNING. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

WIDESPREAD RAIN WILL REDEVELOP ACROSS THE NORTHEAST GEORGIA AND SOUTH CAROLINA FOOTHILLS AND PIEDMONT SUNDAY MORNING... AND THEN MIX WITH AND CHANGE TO SNOW AS THE AFTERNOON WEARS ON. TWO TO FIVE INCHES OF SNOW COULD ACCUMULATE BEFORE SNOW ENDS DURING THE EARLY MORNING HOURS MONDAY. A BAND OF HEAVIER SNOW ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE SOMEWHERE ACROSS THE FOOTHILLS AND PIEDMONT... THOUGH IT IS TOO SOON TO TELL EXACTLY WHERE THIS MAY OCCUR.

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.
More Information

... WINTER STORM TO AFFECT THE REGION SUNDAY AND SUNDAY NIGHT...

.A STRONG UPPER LEVEL LOW WILL MOVE ACROSS THE DEEP SOUTH AND TO THE CAROLINA COAST DURING THE LATTER HALF OF THE WEEKEND. THIS SYSTEM WILL SPREAD PRECIPITATION ACROSS THE WESTERN CAROLINAS AND NORTHEAST GEORGIA... BEGINNING AS RAIN... AND THEN CHANGING OVER TO SNOW. ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 8 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE BEFORE THE SNOW ENDS BY MONDAY MORNING.

Last edited:
We had 5 - 6 inches here in the midwest last night thru today , Next week temps are going to be in the 60's . I hate winter !!

Northwest Alabama this morning. :cheerleader:Our first this year.:cheerleader:

snow.jpg

We had about an inch here in the Ozarks yesterday morning. Is 12 degrees this morning, first day of March and we have one of the coldest mornings of the winter. Supposed to be close to 70 by Wednesday though.

Has only been really cold (30s-40s) here in West Central Texas a few days but the wind is out of control and keeps they busa at the hitching post....like yesterday...60's today and 80s by Tuesday.....I LOVE THIS PLACE !!!!!!

PS...grew up in Wisconsin

We had about an inch here in the Ozarks yesterday morning. Is 12 degrees this morning, first day of March and we have one of the coldest mornings of the winter. Supposed to be close to 70 by Wednesday though.

Global warming my brother :whistle:

Have fun...we just had a dusting here of snow yesterday. Going to be 70 on Wednesday and the rest of the week thereafter! Ride time!

1:30 PM here in NC and the rain just turned to sleet. If the snow comes like the say it will, tomorrow will be a mess to drive in.

I like Spartanburg. Was there twice a week for 3 years... Gotta love the Gaffney water tower :) Took me a minute to figure out what it was supposed to be :rofl:

Gaffney,+SC+water+tower.jpg

Back