ABS Brakes are coming

There are times where they would very helpful...wet, icy, dirt, or gravel covered roads.

But the added cost, weight....and it ads another complex system to the bike. I would prefer
a standard braking system over ABS. In dry conditions a skilled rider can stop a bike just as
well if not better than a ABS system

There are times where they would very helpful...wet, icy, dirt, or gravel covered roads.

But the added cost, weight....and it ads another complex system to the bike. I would prefer
a standard braking system over ABS. In dry conditions a skilled rider can stop a bike just as

Well put :agree:

We are doing testing on a lot of Buell and HD's in Arizona (division of the company i work for anyway) for ABS on wetted tile surfaces (simulates snow / ice), it does work well....but how often do we find ourselves riding on snow and ice LOL.

its wild to watch a bike with outriggers that stick out a few feet with pads that bounce off the ground to keep you from crashing.

I have nearly wrecked in my truck when the antilock brakes kept letting off and grabbing. every time they let off, you are not stopping. they also do not do that much to help on ice either. if they have a switch to turn them off, that might be ok. I would rather not have them at all. Keep all your :rulez: and leave me alone. if something is not 100% better then it should not be added. if it just helps some time and but hurts your reaction or stopping time for most conditions, leave it off

I have nearly wrecked in my truck when the antilock brakes kept letting off and grabbing. every time they let off, you are not stopping. they also do not do that much to help on ice either. if they have a switch to turn them off, that might be ok. I would rather not have them at all. Keep all your :rulez: and leave me alone. if something is not 100% better then it should not be added. if it just helps some time and but hurts your reaction or stopping time for most conditions, leave it off

+1

I have gone into the middle of an intersection where the approach to the light was real rough from traffic and had an incline and the brakes would not engage....scary

Learning to drive a car without ABS in the land of regular rain, snow, ice, wet leaves, etc., I had to re-introduce myself to braking when the ABS on cars was launched.

It'll be likewise on the bike, I'm sure.

That's why everyone should live in dry, arrid regions. :laugh:

+ 2

Learning to drive a car without ABS in the land of regular rain, snow, ice, wet leaves, etc., I had to re-introduce myself to braking when the ABS on cars was launched.

It'll be likewise on the bike, I'm sure.

That's why everyone should live in dry, arrid regions. :laugh:
When ABS came out on the police cars, they had a crap load of crashes.. they had to re-school the officers on how to drive a car with ABS...

*sigh*....one more way to keep idiots alive n well; screwing up traffic, buying horribly-styled motorcycle gear in Bright neon colors (for safety:moon:), and entice new buyers to bikes that would have normally been too scared by their fear of their own inability to actually pilot a motorcycle skillfully:whistle:

Now then salesman can say "oh, dont worry sir, you AND all your weak-kneed panty-waisted limp-wristed friends can all ride bikes like these-dont worry about safety features doors n airbags arent necessary when you have ABS on the bike! Now you can stop from 60-0 in 10feet, out-manuever pedestrians and inanimate objects at the speed of light, all while NOT falling off your bike-because now, you have ABS brakes and you too can be a Biker Boy!" :rofl:

gimme a fuggin break:poke:

next, they'll be throwing in triple-clamp mounted-airbags:laugh:

*sigh*....one more way to keep idiots alive n well; screwing up traffic, buying horribly-styled motorcycle gear in Bright neon colors (for safety:moon:), and entice new buyers to bikes that would have normally been too scared by their fear of their own inability to actually pilot a motorcycle skillfully:whistle:

Now then salesman can say "oh, dont worry sir, you AND all your weak-kneed panty-waisted limp-wristed friends can all ride bikes like these-dont worry about safety features doors n airbags arent necessary when you have ABS on the bike! Now you can stop from 60-0 in 10feet, out-manuever pedestrians and inanimate objects at the speed of light, all while NOT falling off your bike-because now, you have ABS brakes and you too can be a Biker Boy!" :rofl:

Airbag is an option on Chickenwings, I mean Goldwings. Seriously they are buddy.\
They are designed to launch you over the windscreen instead fo through it.
Check it out.

Quote from BigDiesel: next, they'll be throwing in triple-clamp mounted-airbags

don't laugh, i think they are already working on that :poke:

Airbag is an option on Chickenwings, I mean Goldwings.
They are designed to launch you over the windscreen instead of through it.QUOTE]

thatd be great if they just launched every dumbazz owner right outta the seat upon startup into oncoming traffic *OOOPS! did i type that??*:whistle: sorry :laugh:

Airbag is an option on Chickenwings, I mean Goldwings.
They are designed to launch you over the windscreen instead of through it.QUOTE]

thatd be great if they just launched every dumbazz owner right outta the seat upon startup into oncoming traffic *OOOPS! did i type that??*:whistle: sorry :laugh:

To funny. That is why we keep you around. Just for the laughs.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I've been working on cars for 30 years or so and i don't like them. I don't think they work like they are designed to half the time. I've seen the wheels lock up and slide with abs. I'm glad i bought my bike before they put abs on them.

+1

I couldn't have said it any better!

Back