About time I did it....

Rollin20z

Registered
Well, I finally got off my butt and pulled the gold Gilles rearsets off and PC'd them black. had another set of black one's I was gonna stick on but something just didn't tickle my loins when they were on so I just redid the gilles black. Also went ahead and pulled all the bolts/screws(some I had painted black) and they just nick after a bit so I went ahead and PC'd them. Went ahead and mounted a ball mount on the dampner arm also so I could throw the gps on there when needed,also is nice for the phone/ipod. And since the GPR is there it sorta messes up the normal mounting spot thru the tank mount holes. With it mounted like this I can push it down where it is on left or right and it doesn't interfere with any steering or hand position or camera when mounted or it will pull right up and sit up high in center where most mounts put it. Had and thought about the u-bolt ram mount for the bars but just didn't feel it up there, sorta felt out of place or in the way to me.??? Added a set of the billet no/cut bumpers really, since like a lot they would do much in a high speed get off but they do work good if you happen to have a garage tip over stand incident.??? Didn't even notice the reservoir covers were still polished until I took the pics :banghead: oh well only 20-30 minutes and they'll be black too. Now if i can only decide on what color or a paint scheme I want to do on my extra set of fairings & tank maybe I can get them painted before it gets cold again...:whistle:

Anyone else ever notice when you have all the time in the world to work on your bike you really don't , but if you don't have the time that's all you want to do? :cookoo:

Oh well, time to shine her up and go for a ride...:laugh:

DSCN6535 (2).jpg

DSCN6989.jpg

DSCN6992.jpg

DSCN6993.jpg

DSCN6990.jpg

Looks good! Question, what is that attached to your swingarm? Camera mount?

Looks good! Question, what is that attached to your swingarm? Camera mount?

Yeppers, GoPro sticky mount....Actually it is a mount for the Acme Rocket Booster set-up I bought off Amazon.classified, supposed to add minimum 50mph to your top end. :laugh:

thanks guys..

Well, looked like it was gonna downpour earlier, so instead of going out for the ride I decided to go ahead and PC the res. caps so it would be done,sorta think I should redo them with the satin as they look too shiny with all the other flat black up in there though :thumbsup: and while I was at it I noticed that I never replaced the brake lines on this bike so went ahead and switched them out to Galfer stainless ones. Only ones I had, had the clear cover on the lines, guess I need to order some with smoke black covers to keep the feng shui correct.:laugh: Went from the 1 down cross over stock lines to the straight runs both sides from M/C. Ok, sun is out bright and hot now so let's try taking that ride out again. :beerchug:

DSCN7002.jpg

DSCN7001.jpg

WOW! THAT is one fantastic looking ride you have there! I love that chain guard, never seen one like it before! AWESOME!! :thumbsup:

Back