A Plastics Question..

HillbillyTom

Donating Member
Registered
I'm watching a sale on a front (nose) fairing for my bike. It's apparently an aftermarket piece, and the add says it's "new, and in the original pakage". It's unpainted white, but the thing I notice, it has the intake screens in it. All the aftermarket fronts that I've seen don't, just the plastic and nothing else.
Has anyone gotten an aftermarket one with the screens already in it? If so, what brand was it, and what was the overall quality of the piece like?
Thanks.. Tom

Sounds like a piece made in a certain ethnic country. :-)
I'd be curious to know where it ships from.
If you get a chance, post the Ebay number, I'd like to look at it.

My new Hong Kong fairing pieces are waiting for me at the post office. Unfortunately I didn't order the top fairing for the Busa, just the side fairings. I'm getting the top and side fairings for the Blackbird, but the Blackbird doesn't use front screens.
Will post pics once I have them on.

Yeah, it's made in China alright. Company called Firedragon Brothers makes it the seller says. From the picture though, it looks like a stocker, plastic is the same thickness, just all white. And $150 shipped vs. $478 for an OEM piece.
Not going to fork out nearly $500 for a piece of plastic, ain't happenin'. But I do have another choice that sells replacement plastic as a company.. SUZUKI GSX 1300 HAYABUSA 1999-06, GSX1300, fairings, fairing, race, drag bike, seat, airbox, turbo, lower, cowl, fender, extended, swingarm hugger, turbo, tail, windshield .. Can get one from them (have friends that have used their stuff and give it a :thumbsup: ) for a few $$ more, so I may go that route just to be safe.

I would get a cheap OEM painter piece at roughly half that price.
This way you know it will fit.
Just make sure that all the tabs are intact and no cracks.I got one for under a 100$,shop around,there are plenty out there and prices are down these days. Goodluck :beerchug:

I would get a cheap OEM painter piece at roughly half that price.
This way you know it will fit.
Just make sure that all the tabs are intact and no cracks.I got one for under a 100$,shop around,there are plenty out there and prices are down these days. Goodluck :beerchug:

+1 best way to go IMO

Yeah, it's made in China alright. Company called Firedragon Brothers makes it the seller says. From the picture though, it looks like a stocker, plastic is the same thickness, just all white. And $150 shipped vs. $478 for an OEM piece.
Not going to fork out nearly $500 for a piece of plastic, ain't happenin'. But I do have another choice that sells replacement plastic as a company.. SUZUKI GSX 1300 HAYABUSA 1999-06, GSX1300, fairings, fairing, race, drag bike, seat, airbox, turbo, lower, cowl, fender, extended, swingarm hugger, turbo, tail, windshield .. Can get one from them (have friends that have used their stuff and give it a :thumbsup: ) for a few $$ more, so I may go that route just to be safe.

I picked up Airtech fairings for my VFR750 and I will never buy their stuff again, compared to the knock off fairings, their fitment was terrible.

Back