A,B,C modes??

john74

Registered
can someone explain what the a,b,c mode is exactly,what style is better for trips,rain,sport,city etc etc

I think Suzuki made this switch for new riders to help them ajust to the full power of the Busa. if you've riden a big bike or a Hayabusa before, you'll be looking for more HP and less weight. The mode button also conflicts with the PC it's like sticking your finger in a hole to stop the dam from breaking.

"C" you will get mileage and least performance. The mode selector appears to control the rate and amount the secondary throttle plates open, still unsure what else it controls, testing soon. In "C" mode the secondaries open really slow and no where near as fast as you can crack the throttle, hence why its great for rain and traffic...that gets more aggressive as you dial in towards "A" mode. Trips, use "C" for sure.
thumb_up.gif

Personally I think mode controll is a big waste of money. I wish they had spent that money elsewhere. Matbe bettor brakes, tires, exhaust, etc.

I think the power modes was to give the lawyers a defense against law suits and to keep from neutering the bottom end the way Kawi did on the 14. Rather have it this way than have to pull flies and remap.

2cents.gif

well as a gen1 busa owner i guess you guys are right the mode button is a BIG waste of money.i should have the GEN2 this time next week
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

so c for trips and city
a is for whipping all those ZX14s
or b for whipping the ZX14s hehehehhe
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif

The busa fuels so smooth i was happy with A mode from the day i got the bike (i had a VFR800 Vtec before) so even as a novice to that power it was so sweeeeet to ride the B and C modes seems a little pointless...

BUT i was out in the rain last weekend - when we got to stuck in towns on slippy mucky roads i snuck it in C

It does mean you can relax a bit more on the throttle....

BUT BOY does it suck when you forget to put it back to A when you get onto the open road.... i thought the engine was knackered.

So i like it - albeit it wont be used much.

Jza

Back