S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector)

Yamaken

Registered
Hi !! i am new here . can anyone help me with this S-DMS mode !
If i would like to change from A mode to B mode or to C mode do i have to off my engine and then change it or can i change it when i am on the move ?
Can anyone help me with that ?

thx so much ......

shift on the fly,
just hold down a button for 5 secs while riding to bring it up on the dash then change to hearts content.

Don't really see point in it really, if you to stupid to not being able to control it in A mode you shouldn't own it

Yep--shift on the fly. After you start up the bike, you need to hold the button down for a few seconds to bring up the display. It will always default to the A mode on start up. I've played with it a little bit, but I'll probably just adjust throttle inputs when needed. Call me "old school", but I'd rather control the bike myself on different road conditions than have a computer chip do it for me!

I think reading others posts here has kept me from posssibly wrecking my bike when I had just got it. Like Hotrod says its in A mode on every start up and shiftable on the fly. But say your taking off on a slick road or from a turn -your gonna get abrupt trottle response in mode A. Several (4 or 5?) experienced org members have dropped their bikes, particularly when it was cold, and their bike/tires were new.
 I have a gravel (fine) driveway thats about 125 feet long so mode C is my start off mode. Then I warm the tires up by swinging the bike back and forth till I get to the main road which takes a mile. I get to mode A alright- just not right off. Also the Zook bike manual explains the DMS operation too.
Hope this helps. G/L. OUT.

BkO720FHC9IMHoqxnRFSCT22wbClPdV00060.jpg

I call it my wife switch, I keep it in C Mode when towing wife, keeps me out of trouble and prevents her from getting scared. Yes you can activate it and swap modes while riding.

Shifting out of 1st hasn't been abrupt for me yet. If you are a cautious rider and respect the amount of power this bike has, you will have no need to switch modes around. Just my opinion but I'm sure people have found it useful in some cases. For me, I'll stick to riding in A.

Yep have it on my K7 as well, never use it on either one. I could see using it in wet weather if U ride in it though.

Mode A for daily ride & C when roads get slippery! Rather be slow in the rain than being stuck at home!

shift on the fly,
just hold down a button for 5 secs while riding to bring it up on the dash then change to hearts content.

Don't really see point in it really, if you to stupid to not being able to control it in A mode you shouldn't own it

I dont see the point of this comment. He simply asked a question as to when he could changes modes. Its an option on the bike so why cant owners use it? Please keep these comments to yourself.

I dont see the point of this comment. He simply asked a question as to when he could changes modes. Its an option on the bike so why cant owners use it? Please keep these comments to yourself.
This is a forum and is as much about opinions as facts. I don't share that opinion, but he has every right to express it anywhere and everywhere he pleases.

C Mode is for girls and "little people"(David Cassidy):rofl:

That post is more than 3 years old James...
Posted via Mobile Device

This is a forum and is as much about opinions as facts. I don't share that opinion, but he has every right to express it anywhere and everywhere he pleases.

Since you called me out, lets debate that point. If a new member such as this joins and asks a question related to the function of his bike, and is called stupid as this post implies, what makes you think this new member will be inclined to respond or come back to the site? His right to voice his opinion stops when personal attacks are included in said opinion. This is an open and public forum, but it is a privelage to be here, not a right.

That post is more than 3 years old James...
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you for pointing that out Rich, I missed it. But the point is the same. we shouldnt belittle new members no matter what their question.

Thank you for pointing that out Rich, I missed it. But the point is the same. we shouldnt belittle new members no matter what their question.

Just a heads up Bro...I agree with your post. Just that it's a old thread and that dood is long gone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just a heads up Bro...I agree with your post. Just that it's a old thread and that dood is long gone.
Posted via Mobile Device

Its too bad too, he only had 3 posts. But it happens today too. That is all I am trying to prevent. Thanks again for the heads up.

Back