92-Year-Old Woman Dies in Shootout With Police

92-Year-Old Woman Dies in Shootout With Police - Were police justified?

• Yes

Votes: 52 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hard to Say

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I just do not buy the whole thing. My grandpa is 85, he has good eyesight, I am sure he could out shoot me to this day. He used to hunt everyday as a kid to provide food for his family. I would say there is no chance he would be LUCKY enough to hit 3 well trained officers running into a house. coordination would be the key factor. At 93, unless she had a fully automatic weapon, she just could not do it. I do not get the plain clothes thing either. Most warrents are served by full uniform or riot gear in a drug house. WTF?
rock.gif
?? Being former law enforcement, sounds way to fishy to me. keep thinking cover up of some sort.....

(Fate @ Nov. 22 2006,16:flamethrowing:) I just do not buy the whole thing. My grandpa is 85, he has good eyesight, I am sure he could out shoot me to this day. He used to hunt everyday as a kid to provide food for his family. I would say there is no chance he would be LUCKY enough to hit 3 well trained officers running into a house.  coordination would be the key factor. At 93, unless she had a fully automatic weapon, she just could not do it. I do not get the plain clothes thing either. Most warrents are served by full uniform or riot gear in a drug house. WTF?
rock.gif
?? Being former law enforcement, sounds way to fishy to me. keep thinking cover up of some sort.....
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

Just an update on this. All three officers were injured one took too rounds from her gun. The officers were there with a search warrant for drugs, because an undercover bought some ther earlier that day. They were doing there job. Granted I wouldn't want my granny going down like this but I would understand once I got the facts.

I ave been an officer for 23years, 12 of it as a SWAT officer, 15 as firearms instructor. You point a gun at me your going down sorry to say. Your age has nothing to do with anything, if you have the power to take my life.... Its game on... Its a cold fact, its not easy.. I have never shot anyone and I pray I never do. But I a few years after I first became an officer was held at gunpoint for over 17 min. I looked in the business end of a rifle with the man telling me I was going to die for 17 min. I got lucky and was able to pull the gun at me and to the side and kick the hell out of the guy and get the gun away and arrest him. I was lucky... I will say one thing.. its easy to say what should have been done when your not the one living it...

(BlueHaya @ Nov. 22 2006,13:41) Plain clothes, nighttime, scared old alone lady with a gun.....not a good combination.

I am just reading posts...if they knocked and notified how were they shot approaching?  Did they kick in the door?  How fast can a 91 year old lady get her gun and shoot 3 well-trained cops??

I think there is need for an investigation.
Ya, this just doesn't sound right to me. The article on the link said the officers were shot at while approaching the house? Does this lady allways open fire on people just walking through her yard? Because thats what it sounds like. If the article really meant they were shot while entering the house, if they announced who they were before entering then it was justified. They have a warrant and those things aren't just handed out. You need evidence that you can put in front of a judge. It does indeed suck that she was shot, but the only real concern those officers should of had while being shot at was to survive so they could go home to their families.

Here's what pops up a red flag for me. Relatives seem pretty damn relaxed on their negative comments towards the police. "She had no drugs on her", "She didn't deserve to be shot down like a dog". If it was my relative I'd be demanding the officers be tried for murder...but none of that. It makes me think the warrant was justified but everybody figured they'd just slap her on the hand because of her age. Thats just my .02

Never thought i'd live to see a Hunded! It never crossed my mind! Hey what if the story was, 92 yr old granny kills 3 well trained officers.
rock.gif
You all are rite! I couldn't be in law for long It would have to be GO Ahead and make my DAY
bowdown.gif

My only comment is that if someone kicks in my door, I am going to shoot first and ask questions second. You see on the news about people being robbed and killed in their homes. I have a family to protect so whoever tries to come through my door better beware.

(Cuffee @ Nov. 24 2006,04:14) My only comment is that if someone kicks in my door, I am going to shoot first and ask questions second. You see on the news about people being robbed and killed in their homes. I have a family to protect so whoever tries to come through my door better beware.
Exactly. I'm not going to sit around and wait to see who it is that just knocked down my door and entered MY HOUSE.
It might be a serial killer, some nut I pissed off earlier in the day or who knows...newspapers are full of stories every single day. Either way it's shoot first and ask questions later. I spend plenty of time at the local range and have plenty of ammo.
I may sign my own death warrant, but I guarantee I won't be the only one visiting the morgue that night.

(Max Speed @ Nov. 22 2006,19:20) I ave been an officer for 23years, 12 of it as a SWAT officer, 15 as firearms instructor. You point a gun at me your going down sorry to say.  Your age has nothing to do with anything, if you have the power to take my life.... Its game on... Its a cold fact, its not easy..  I have never shot anyone and I pray I never do.  But I a few years after I first became an officer was held at gunpoint for over 17 min.  I looked in the business end of a rifle with the man telling me I was going to die for 17 min. I got lucky and was able to pull the gun at me and to the side and kick the hell out of the guy and get the gun away and arrest him. I was lucky...  I will say one thing.. its easy to say what should have been done when your not the one living it...
+1

of course they had a right to shoot! seems that some people let the misguided information from the media cloud the real picture.

1. they had a warrant (whether we may think it's bogus or not is irrelevant)

2.they were fired upon.

3.they returned fire.

4.end of story.

the details would be nice but i think establishing the fact that they did have a warrant for that residence, They "knocked and announced", and then"kicked the door",and were fired upon by an occupant of the house. SORRY LIBERALS, im not gonna be killed by ANYONE including a 92 year old woman. If you shoot at the police you have just bought the ticket, so prepare to ride the ride. How is it that the police are wrong for protecting themselves while serving a warrant on a house?   Who cares what the warrant was for. I dont care if it was for a seatbelt ticket or a first degree murder. THEY have a warrant, SIGNED by a judge. Lets try and think beyond the fact that she was 92. You know whenever i kick down a door on a warrant I ALWAYS stop and check the age of the person trying to kill me before i return fire........  
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif
How is it that the police are wrong for protecting themselves while serving a warrant on a house?  

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Bingo !!!</span>

I ask the same question for the civilians that are protecting their family, why is it wrong ?

A crime scene is not  always what it appears on the surface and a thorough investigation will help bring the facts to the surface.

Fate  
Professional Pilot

Group: Donating Member
St. Louis
 Posted on: Nov. 22 2006,16
flamethrowingsmiley.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just do not buy the whole thing. My grandpa is 85, he has good eyesight, I am sure he could out shoot me to this day. He used to hunt everyday as a kid to provide food for his family. I would say there is no chance he would be LUCKY enough to hit 3 well trained officers running into a house.  coordination would be the key factor. At 93, unless she had a fully automatic weapon, she just could not do it. I do not get the plain clothes thing either. Most warrents are served by full uniform or riot gear in a drug house. WTF??? Being former law enforcement, sounds way to fishy to me. keep thinking cover up of some sort.....  [/Quote]

Deadman or woman cant talk so who really knows if she pointed a gun, fired the gun or even owned a gun, hell for all we know a gun could have been planted on her.  I also find it hard to believe that a warrant was issued because a single purchase was made by an undercover agent as mentioned early by someone here (not in the article I read). Maybe house had a very large sum, possibly.  If so, you would think the title would have read Drug Lord Granny goes down blazn, wounding 3 officers .

Maybe granny was in the wrong place at the wrong time or knew somthing big the PO didn't want her talking about to the right people.

But hey if you told me someone pointed a gun in your face and you felt threatn or shot at you and you killed them, my first reaction would be good on you. Then I would ask where were you at time when this happen,how,what, when,and why.

I guess the board members that voted yes on the topic felt (imotions) it was justified killing the women because she fired on the police first and automatically  threw out asking themselfs why would she do somthing like that. Instead of looking  more at the facts contained in article .

I hope the investigator does a thorough investigation and atleast check for gun powder residue on grannies shooting hand and  if any of it matches the shooting gun and residue from all officer at the scene when it all went down.

Assistant Chief Alan Dreher said the officers had a legal warrant and "knocked and announced" before they forced open the door. He said they were justified in shooting once they were fired upon.[/Quote]

As the plainclothes Atlanta police officers approached the house about7 p.m., a woman inside started shooting   , striking each of them, said Officer Joe Cobb, a police spokesman[/Quote]

Quotes from the article if you didn't read it.  So did the police knock first or did granny pick them off while approaching the house or was it a planned  botch up making it appear the police were defending themselfs ?

So if you voted yes or no then you're both wrong !

Hard to say would have been the  appropriate choice for now !

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

I'M WILLING TO BET THEY WILL SAY IT WAS JUSTIFIED. NOT OFTEN WILL INTERNAL AFFAIRS BLAME THEIR OWN. I WONDER WHY? BECAUSE SO MANY CROOKED PO-PO WILL LIE TO THE END
mad.gif

(DC TONY @ Nov. 24 2006,15:27) I'M WILLING TO BET THEY WILL SAY IT WAS JUSTIFIED. NOT OFTEN WILL INTERNAL AFFAIRS BLAME THEIR OWN. I WONDER WHY?   BECAUSE SO MANY CROOKED PO-PO WILL LIE TO THE END  
mad.gif
Internal Affairs investigators are normally appointed by the police administration to find policy violations and unbecoming conduct and when they do, they make it their soul mission to take the officers head off. I have seen 45 day suspensions 90 day suspensions, terminations and whatever else you can fathom. You think you could go 2 1/2 months without a paycheck. It happens, times have changed. so dont try to say that I.A. doesnt hold us accountable, your still living, 20 years ago, today.

By the way are you speaking from some sort of experience with an internal affairs division or are you just typing out your a$$?

(RCKTMAN @ Nov. 24 2006,15:50)
(DC TONY @ Nov. 24 2006,15:27) I'M WILLING TO BET THEY WILL SAY IT WAS JUSTIFIED. NOT OFTEN WILL INTERNAL AFFAIRS BLAME THEIR OWN. I WONDER WHY?   BECAUSE SO MANY CROOKED PO-PO WILL LIE TO THE END  
mad.gif
Internal Affairs investigators are normally appointed by the police administration to find policy violations and unbecoming conduct and when they do, they make it their soul mission to take the officers head off. I have seen 45 day suspensions 90 day suspensions, terminations and whatever else you can fathom. You think you could go 2 1/2 months without a paycheck. It happens, times have changed. so dont try to say that I.A. doesnt hold us accountable, your still living, 20 years ago, today.

By the way are you speaking from some sort of experience with an internal affairs division or are you just typing out your a$$?
2.5 mth without a paycheck for somthing a civilan would have to serve time for is a sweet deal to me.

Commit a crime and do the time....... isn't that how it's suppose to go.  
rock.gif

ALL PO-PO LIE FOR EACH OTHER THAT'S WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE IN JAILS & PRISONS TODAY. SOME ARE JUST TRIGGER HAPPY TERRIFIED LITTLE CHUMPS WITH A GUN.
guns.gif

(DC TONY @ Nov. 24 2006,16:07) ALL PO-PO LIE FOR EACH OTHER THAT'S WHY SO MANY PEOPLE ARE IN JAILS & PRISONS TODAY. SOME ARE JUST TRIGGER HAPPY TERRIFIED LITTLE CHUMPS WITH A GUN.    
guns.gif
gee whiz...... im gonna take a stab at this but im betting you have been to jail a few times .......... ive never lied for anyone. we are taught responsibility and accountability for actions from day 1. i didnt hire on to mistreat the public, i hired on to improve the quality of life for people in the city i live in and to help those who cant help themselves. So far ive done a pretty good job.

try living without us...

(Rhythm @ Nov. 24 2006,15:56)
mad.gif

2.5 mth without a paycheck for somthing a civilan would have to serve time for is a sweet deal to me.

rock.gif
Uhm, no. If an officer knowingly commits a crime, they can and will be tried like a civilian. On the other hand, if they are carrying out their duties as an officer and overstep the bounderies allowed to them? Then they face Internal Affairs. Not to mention, while a civilian might goto jail for beating somebody...show me one of them where the person who got beaten turned around and sued the perp's employer for millions.

As for DC Tony...you should take some tips off of this fine educational video
It might just shed some light on why you have such negative feelings towards the police.

Edited...cuz I should be in bed instead of reading these boards.

Last edited by a moderator:
(BigmanZ @ Nov. 26 2006,02:58)
(Rhythm @ Nov. 24 2006,15:56)
mad.gif

rock.gif
Uhm, no. If an officer knowingly commits a crime, they can and will be tried like a civilian. On the other hand, if they are carrying out their duties as an officer and overstep the bounderies allowed to them? Then they face Internal Affairs. Not to mention, while a civilian might goto jail for beating somebody...show me one of them where the person who got beaten turned around and sued the perp's employer for millions.

As for RCKTMAN...you should take some tips off of this fine educational video
It might just shed some light on why you have such negative feelings towards the police.
uhhhh last i checked i didnt have a negative attitude towards the police, mainly because i am the police

Last edited by a moderator:
Back