9.03 on modded stock busa

It's VERY difficult to believe that the bike is running that ET and MPH, with the mods claimed.
I know of a bike that has the same setup as what is claimed here. It has made 176hp, at best. It runs the same 60', same MPH, but best time is a 9.38.
The trick here is that the rider of THAT bike only weighs in at 160lbs.
How does a guy carry the same MPH and 60' and weigh 40lbs more?
They leave the same,
and run the same MPH,
but the heavy guy gets there first?

"Something" is happening in the middle of that track that he's not tellin ya.
his wings fold out and he leaves the ground for 1/8th mi. :crazy:

I dont think it would be that hard to go that fast!

I have gone 9.47@140mph with a 1.49 60ft.

And that is with..lowered..piped..pcm2..geared...NO AIRSHIFTER...and all the free mods you can do!

just to give you an idea of hp. i weigh 200 and my bike is 525 so i used 725 for this equation. 140 mph trap speed in the quarter would be close to 153.8 rwhp. 151 mph trap speed is 193 rwhp with the same wieght.so cache is talkin about gettin some serious hp... cams are the wild card here.my bike dynoed 161 rwhp with pipe,pc3r,airbox mod. i didnt get close to 30 more horsies with cams, but im not here to hate so ill just talk about what i know.
.03 on stock piston, no juice bike is great...especially with a fatazz ridin it.

I dont remember what month or cycle mag it was had a big zx12 vs busa shootout with a pro piloting the bikes at the track , the bikes were both bone stock except for the both went down one tooth out front and lowering straps and they both ran 9's all day , I'm by far no drag racer or expert on the subject but what gives with the time differences? was the mag giving corrected times or was the rider and 80 pound super rider?

that was a very good racer. think it was shine. in that test they were able to get the busa a little lower than the 12 and the busa is just better for drag racing,more aerodynamic and stronger motor with a much better stock clutch. the 12 is an alright bike for the average looser but the busa is a kings bike.:laugh:

in the february issue of motor cyclist mag. they have rwhp #'s for a ton of bikes. The 03 zx12 came in at 161.4 @ 10k rpm & 91.3 ft-lb torque @ 7750

busa came in at 156.1 @ 9.5k & 99 ft-lb torque 6750

1/4 times were

zx12: 9.92 @ 143.74 mph
busa: 9.88 @ 143.88 mph

I say the torque is what does it. The busa has slightly more torque and can get up to speed faster therefor a faster ET.

the torque is what gets the zx12. the busa has waay more torque at launch, and at the lower end of the shift changes. advantage: Hayabusa!

official time records for the above mentioned bike- last year rating.

Buzzards Busa ultimately ran 8.94 which may be the quickest all-motor streetbike in the NW (please anyone correct me if they've seen better).
[/QUOTE]
taken from MAD KAW RACING

Its because the Busa is lower to the ground, the 12 wheelies to eazy. When I race a Busa stock motor against a stock motored 12, the Busa gets the jump and by 3rd the 12 is coming around the Busa.

Cache, I guess that makes me the 2nd quickest all motor Busa in the northwest....I don't know if you stayed late enough to see my 8.96 run Sunday at your track. I'll be shooting for 8.8's at my home track (Pacific raceways) soon once I get everything tweaked.

I ran 157.6 mph on my last run of the day.

Cache, I guess that makes me the 2nd quickest all motor Busa in the northwest....I don't know if you stayed late enough to see my 8.96 run Sunday at your track. I'll be shooting for 8.8's at my home track (Pacific raceways) soon once I get everything tweaked.

I ran 157.6 mph on my last run of the day.
Buster, I left before you made that pass.... seemed like you and GixxerJoe were getting frustrated, so I took off..

KICK ASS!!!!!!!   I saw your time posted on .ws and was like HELL YEA!

I'll be at Pacific for the CDBA runs. two of them next month!

super.gif

Back