$800 not as good as $100?

06Busaking

Registered
I know this has probably been beat to death, but I'd like to bring a little testing into the mix and get some opinions. Maybe a repost

Results : SHARP - The Helmet Safety Scheme

The UK has a new "sharp" helmet testing program that not only rates the helmets by ece22-05 standards, but also by a 1-5 star rating with 5 being the best.

The Arai RX7 Corsair gets 3 starts along with most HJC's and the Shoei RF-1000. The new RF-1100 rates 5 stars. There is also a $75 helmet that rates at 5 stars. I know the tests are controversial since they focus the majority of there tests from the side, not the front, but to get 5 stars they must test well when impacted from all sides correct? So the test has to hold some weight to it?
Looking at buying either a rf-1000 or rf-1100. After reading this I'm leaning towards rf-1100.

I know this has probably been beat to death, but I'd like to bring a little testing into the mix and get some opinions. Maybe a repost

Results : SHARP - The Helmet Safety Scheme

The UK has a new "sharp" helmet testing program that not only rates the helmets by ece22-05 standards, but also by a 1-5 star rating with 5 being the best.

The Arai RX7 Corsair gets 3 starts along with most HJC's and the Shoei RF-1000. The new RF-1100 rates 5 stars. There is also a $75 helmet that rates at 5 stars. I know the tests are controversial since they focus the majority of there tests from the side, not the front, but to get 5 stars they must test well when impacted from all sides correct? So the test has to hold some weight to it?
Looking at buying either a rf-1000 or rf-1100. After reading this I'm leaning towards rf-1100.

Yep this issue has gone its rounds here on the board before.
But if you go w/ the Shoei RF-1100 you can hang your hat & relax on the fact that you own one of the nicest, highest quality helmets on the market...I wouldn't caught up in these specific tests. Sounds like you're ready to make a smart choice.
Forever and always ARAI for me.

Buy the helmet that fits best, that makes you happy, that fits your budget. These 3 criteria should help narrow down your choices.

Shoei has always been my fav. I have two rf1000's and the new rf1100, hands down this is my new favorite helmet. g/l with your choice.:thumbsup:

Back