520 conversion rear replacement

Justin Sain

Registered
I have a custom application set of carbon fiber dymag wheels that came with a talon rear sprocket, my chain stretched and I checked it one day but not the next, now I have a 1 tooth rear sprocket.....

Anyway I called the vendor they said no problem just get a hayabusa replacement, seems easy enough, but I got that and realized it's the correct bolt pattern, but I need a 520 pitch. I did some reasearch and found a little info on 520 conversions but it seems like it just fizzeled out. Am I right to assume they weren't strong enough for the power these machines put out? So they stopped making them?

If they don't make them anymore, does anyone know of an application that has the same bolt pattern and hub circumference but with a 520 chain pitch?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Justin

I'm sure you already know this, but a 520 chain on a busa is an extremely bad idea. If you are going to run that I'd at least buy a billet front sprocket cover - it may save your cases when you break a chain.

keep the 530,upgrade to something better than OEM.Busa can pull a chain in two just under hard acceleration.mine going to EK ZZZ.No worries with that.

Thanks for the replies, I shoulda been more specific though, I don't have a busa, just a busa bolt pattern for the rear sprocket,I have the sprocket I need on the way.

On a side note this board has made me rethink my initial stereotype on busa owners, you guys seem like a really cool crowd.

Thanks again,
Justin

wow.gif
Stereotype on Busa owners???
rock.gif

I prefer Sony myself, I tell you what! 150watts of kick arse bass boomin power, baby!
egitarre77.gif

The people here are the best you'll find on this God forsaken planet...
wink.gif

Back