4" - 6" stretch

dalynchmob4

Donating Member
Registered
Had my '08 serviced today (decided to go with synthetic this time), any way, they had a blue '08 on the floor stretched 4 over, lowered, and chromed (wheels that is). Was talking to the service manager, and he told me that he would stretch mine for $350 (4-6" kit, labor, brake line, chain, etc). I thought this was a pretty good price... am I right?

Also, you guys that are already at 4" over, how different does the bike handle on the twisties? Just curious on the "feel" of the stretch. Any info is def appreciated.

Sienna_with_2_bros___resize.jpg

price on the extension is on the light side ie:CHEAP he must be using swingarm extensions which in my opinion are crap I would rather have a custom built extension
bowdown.gif

if its a true extended arm... tell him I'll send him an arm and he can do mine!!
thumb_up.gif

Yes it is a Suzuki dealer... and yes, he is using the engraved swingarm extensions (that's what he had on the Blue '08 in the showroom). I guess I'm more concerned about the ride more than anything... at first, I only wanted to go 2" over, but the least he could go was 4" over. Maybe I'll meet someone that has a busa 4" over that I can talk into a "test drive"
cool.gif

From what I've read,unlessd you are serious into twists rides and such all you would need to do is get use to how the bike reacts a little differently.

Extensions are just fine, sure a true arm would be nicer, but unless your putting down some serious nitro or turbo #'s you should never have a problem with extensions. Many, Many Bikes running extensions even at drag strips without fail. As for handling, going 4 will hurt it just a bit, but had you never rode the bike at stock length you'd never notice the difference as you would just learn to ride it at 4 over as you did getting the feel for the bike at stock length.

sounds like a good price to me. handling would go down yes. whether it's as significant as lowering your bike or not i dont know. ive never had a stretched bike b4. but i am planning on the same set up your getting. one of these days.

You're probably going to need your suspension resprung, or whatever it is that they do to it ? Ask DevlDog (member)

my bike sits at 3.5 over and sittin low i still can hit the curves just takes more effort and getting used to it.
sounds like a good price

Nothing wrong with extensions, I ran 250 hp at the wheel with my turbo, on the strip I never had a problem. I would love a full race arm, but I can't see spending the cash, then i have to get it chromed, that's not cheap either. Sounds like a good deal to me for everything, get it!
bowdown.gif

at 4 over you should be okay for the stock spring. I went 7 over and had to get a diff spring from hypercoil. As it would rub under hard acceleration.

Cool deal guys... thanks a lot for the info... I think this is the way I'm going to go
thumb_up.gif
... Appreciate the input.

sounds like a decent price you could do this yourself for around 150 though at 4 over you shouldnt need a new brake line.

remember, they are only extensions, you could try it and if you don't like it, take them off! Not even an hour job to do extensions and chain.

Back