4-500 horse build?

playinwitmatchz

Registered
Im looking to build a 4-500 horse busa, gen 1 probably since i like the styling better. I know it takes internal parts and such but am looking for a sorta build guide to do this, so i can start a budget. Necessaries are obviously a must, but stuff that just makes life that much easier would be great to know. Thanks guys. Also, i need it roughly daily rider reliable, even when it means turning down boost. i dont think anyone needs 500 horse every moment of their ride.

Rods "H" beam: Carrillo
JE 9.5:1 Turbo Pistons
Ceramic Coated Bearings
High Pressure Oil Pressure Relief
High Flow Oil Pump
Valve springs
Light Port & Polish for off boost
Cams if you are not on a budget
1/2 studs
.80 Spacer
Manual Cam Chain Tensioner
Two Stage MTC Clutch or Multistage

Be sure to machine & assembly lube anything that looks like it has wear on it...if working from a used motor...........Mobile One Racing 4T, also get your crank fluted & balanced..........

Last edited:
the motor is easy to build to take that much power
i am a crower rods fan myself and the head doesnt need any work until you are in the 600+ range
springs are a must at that level and id truely look into getting the cases modded by harry's machine parts as the busa has a lower end oiling problem when pushing the power on the motor
studs on lower end and upper end
and keep the tolerances in order is also a must when building the motor

where are you located

two of the most important parts of a high hp build if you want your engine to live a long life. :bowdown: Rick is the only one who does the case right. I don't know of a single busa engine with his machine work that has had bearing failures. The OE busa bearings have to be spot on for longevity. The rest of the oil system mods such as swapping the pump, changing the tooth count, different pressure valve, etc are all bandaids.
1. the cases modded by harry's machine parts as the busa has a lower end oiling problem when pushing the power on the motor

2. keep the tolerances in order is also a must when building the motor

Man-o-man that's alot of power! Someday I build my baby to handle about 350! That's my goal! I know what you need................lot's of money! :laugh:

Im looking to build a 4-500 horse busa, gen 1 probably since i like the styling better. I know it takes internal parts and such but am looking for a sorta build guide to do this, so i can start a budget. Necessaries are obviously a must, but stuff that just makes life that much easier would be great to know. Thanks guys. Also, i need it roughly daily rider reliable, even when it means turning down boost. i dont think anyone needs 500 horse every moment of their ride.

you have PM

as long as you have good quality parts, a good tune and it was built correctly then that will get you as close to reliable as possible. I rode my bike the other day for a 400mile round trip. Everything worked great except i ran into one small prob, my bike has a fueling issue, but its a new build and other than that it ran great i just couldn't get into boost due to the fueling problem. I wouldn't think twice about riding my bike as far as i wanted

as long as you have good quality parts, a good tune and it was built correctly then that will get you as close to reliable as possible. I rode my bike the other day for a 400mile round trip. Everything worked great except i ran into one small prob, my bike has a fueling issue, but its a new build and other than that it ran great i just couldn't get into boost due to the fueling problem. I wouldn't think twice about riding my bike as far as i wanted

Is your bike 400-500 horse? Hard to give advice about one if you don't own one. :worthless:

020.jpg

photo-1.jpg

and it may be up for sale :whistle: :bowdown:

haha yep just depends on how this new job treats me and if i can make time to ride...If not then no reason in keeping it, sure is fun though when you do get a chance to ride nothing like the boost for sure, im about to stack the springs in the wastegate that way i can just have an 18lb in it and not worry about messing with the AMS unless i wanna use C-16.....I think most people are gonna ask WTF would you do that....but after riding around on a 15 spring for some reason I like it, turbo is way more responsive

Last edited:
haha yep just depends on how this new job treats me and if i can make time to ride...If not then no reason in keeping it, sure is fun though when you do get a chance to ride nothing like the boost for sure, im about to stack the springs in the wastegate that way i can just have an 18lb in it and not worry about messing with the AMS unless i wanna use C-16.....I think most people are gonna ask WTF would you do that....but after riding around on a 15 spring for some reason I like it, turbo is way more responsive
would your screenname on another site by chance be ace23?

would your screenname on another site by chance be ace23?

Hey chris yes you are correct. I believe i was a member here before the other forum or vice versa ....really can't remember i usually stay on sh.org due to the more turbo oriented board. How's your bike coming along?

Back