2019 BUSA won’t start

King E

Registered
Start button doesn’t work all of a sudden. Lights come on. Gauges & and everything comes on, but when I hit the start button……….Nothing! Had to pop the clutch to get home.

The battery tested good. I even replaced it just to be sure. Ignition fuse was good.

10k miles, no mods, just slip on exhausts.

Any help, suggestions greatly appreciate.

Start button doesn’t work all of a sudden. Lights come on. Gauges & and everything comes on, but when I hit the start button……….Nothing! Had to pop the clutch to get home.

The battery tested good. I even replaced it just to be sure. Ignition fuse was good.

10k miles, no mods, just slip on exhausts.

Any help, suggestions greatly appreciate.
Welcome to the Hayabusa Matrix.
First post here I see, pop over to the new members section and introduce yourself, we are a friendly bunch here, and so much more than just a technical help desk.
In saying that, we are also pretty good with problem solving too.
First question, when you push the start button are you certain it is in neutral, kill switch to on position, side stand up, and clutch pulled in?
Is there a click at the starter relay when you hit the start button?
Have you got a service manual (if not, just get the download version ASAP, free) and do you have a multimeter?
It may be as simple as a clutch switch with a fault . . . or a starter relay gone bad.
Do these checks and get back to us.
Any questions you have, please ask away.

Listen to the wealth of knowledge in this group. You may have cried uncle too soon. I've just come onboard and have found that the comradery in this group nothing less than awesome. I sympathize with people trying to diagnose my problems with little to go on. I'm a software guy and can totally relate to needing all the info leading up to the failure.

Please let us know of the outcome. We can all learn from your problem.

It was the clutch. It wasnt making constant contact with the switch and had to be adjusted.
So I'm guessing you have aftermarket levers on your bike?? If I adjust mine too far the same thing will happen and I just have to go up a number or 2 on the lever. I don't remember there being any adjustment on the switch itself and I know that a clutch adjustment wouldn't effect the lever hitting the switch so if i an correct and you have aftermarket levers I really hope the shop doesn't charge you much if anything if all it took was to turn that dial. Either way glad you got your bike back up and going :thumbsup:

@ King E , glad THEY sorted .
The first reaction from me , when i see a Q about starting problems is.

DID YOU GOT OEM LEVERS ?
If the say NO , i type on 24 hayabusa/b-king club forums
Pull clutch lever till you can hear the tiny click in clutch switch .

The clutch switch can also been service , at the back side there is a tiny hole for spray contact cleaner in . !
Greg Smith BoostbySmith got a FAB bypass clutch kit for 99-07 and GEN2

Gen1_clutch_eliminator-scaled.jpg

So I'm guessing you have aftermarket levers on your bike?? If I adjust mine too far the same thing will happen and I just have to go up a number or 2 on the lever. I don't remember there being any adjustment on the switch itself and I know that a clutch adjustment wouldn't effect the lever hitting the switch so if i an correct and you have aftermarket levers I really hope the shop doesn't charge you much if anything if all it took was to turn that dial. Either way glad you got your bike back up and going :thumbsup:
I do have after market levers. Thanks!

@ King E , glad THEY sorted .
The first reaction from me , when i see a Q about starting problems is.

DID YOU GOT OEM LEVERS ?
If the say NO , i type on 24 hayabusa/b-king club forums
Pull clutch lever till you can hear the tiny click in clutch switch .

The clutch switch can also been service , at the back side there is a tiny hole for spray contact cleaner in . !
Greg Smith BoostbySmith got a FAB bypass clutch kit for 99-07 and GEN2

View attachment 1641927
Hey thanks. I did buy some after market levers. They worked great s first, so I didn’t associate them with the problem. I still have to wiggle it a couple of times to get it right. I think I’m just going to go back to the oem Levers.

Back