2016 Busa..end of an era or new bike..?

On a race track yes the Panigale will beat a busa but on a drag strip no way a 14 Panigale should beat a busa and if it does sad to say but it's due to operator error......

There's a reason why Ducati stroked and revamped the Panigale to a 1299 cause they were turds bottom to mid range. So there is no way it leaves off the line quicker or has the azz to pull thru lower gears like a busa Gen 1 or 2.

It doesn't matter how "fast" or how "bad" anything this. There is always something "faster" and "badder". Speed = Money.........One just has to decide how fast you wanna go?

On a race track yes the Panigale will beat a busa but on a drag strip no way a 14 Panigale should beat a busa and if it does sad to say but it's due to operator error......

There's a reason why Ducati stroked and revamped the Panigale to a 1299 cause they were turds bottom to mid range. So there is no way it leaves off the line quicker or has the azz to pull thru lower gears like a busa Gen 1 or 2.

You really need to actually ride an 1199 Panigale, you will soon find out which bike is the "Turd" (it's not the Panigale)

You really need to actually ride an 1199 Panigale, you will soon find out which bike is the "Turd" (it's not the Panigale)

Who do you think you dealing with here?? :laugh:

I've been there done that and got the T-shirt..... I came a signature away from purchasing a matte black Panigale 1199s. Took it for an extended test ride with one of my buddies who happens to be a salesman @ my local European cycle shop. 1 of the best decisions I ever made was walking away from that bike. I would've been beyond livid had I bought that bike and they turned around a year later and stroked it and fixed ALL the issues with the 1199. If I decide to buy a Ducati it'll be a Multistrada.....

Don't get me wrong it's a gorgeous bike and looks great parked @ a local bike night or sitting on a marble floor in some yuppies living room. But your sorely mistaken if you think that bike will sniff a busa's exhaust in a quarter mile!!!

Numbers don't lie.... Again there's a reason why Ducati stroked the 1199 to a 1299 cause it had no azz in the low to mid range where most common folk/ street bikes run. The 1199 made the majority of its power in the top end. These are not speculations... Facts. Read any review hell you tube it and see what the experts say. It's a helluva bike on the track if you got the skill to ride WOT the whole damn time. Then sure you can fully utilize the HP and capitalize on it lightness and handling. But idk how you can do that on the street with you know traffic, pot holes, loose gravel etc...

You make the mistake that I'm some biased busa fanatic..... I've owned several street bikes majority of them Honda's and currently own a Busa and a Harley Davidson!! That's right I ride a busa and a harley and i like them both.

Not impressed with your Busa? Nobody's twisting your arm to keep it :whistle: rest assured somebody will buy it an put it to good use

I stopped counting after the first 50 big road bikes.
Can't imagine how many hundreds I've actually tried.

The Busa really was a land mark in bike history when it came out.
Now it's just one of the pack, still puts its nose out in front when you throw money and aftermarket parts at it, but out of the crate as a production bike it's not away out in front like it once was.

Many modern 1K's and a few bigger bikes can now push similar silly speeds to an early Busa, but they now come with light weight, advanced electronics and much MUCH better handling. If straight lines and drag strips are your thing (I like them myself) the Busa is a great choice, but in the real world much of the competition really do make the Busa feel old. Lets not fool our selfs that its 7, it's actually closer to 16. Proves how good the original was, but that was too long a go.

I like Hayabusa's.
I'd like to buy another. They suit me.
I'm not blind to the fact the rest of the world has caught up and is moving on.

I was drooling over a 1299 yesterday. Asked the sales rep about maintenance. 600 mile service no biggie. 15000 mile valve/timing chain adjustment cost around 1200.00. Said it takes the tech around 10 hours to do the maintenance which I find hard to believe. but holy crap, that's expensive.

I was drooling over a 1299 yesterday. Asked the sales rep about maintenance. 600 mile service no biggie. 15000 mile valve/timing chain adjustment cost around 1200.00. Said it takes the tech around 10 hours to do the maintenance which I find hard to believe. but holy crap, that's expensive.

Yikes !! I told my son his 1199 Panigale was a money pit, I had no idea how big of one. :O

no offense but those are the biggest turds I think I ever seen on the street.

I rolled up on one last year on I-95 and I was in 6th gear doing about 70 mph. I never even down shifted I just rolled the throttle and yes it bogged a little and he jumped out on me but I reeled him in pretty quick and blew past him. I was like dam that things slow......

but.... I wud bet dollars to donuts that a HOT chic wud be far more inclined to jump on the back of a Panigale long before she jumped on my Busa. they are works of art.

I've always loved the styling of the Hayabusa, but the performance is a major letdown. Both of my son's bikes smoke my Busa in the 1/4 mile.
He has a 2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R, and a 2014 Ducati 1199 Panigale.

Try this with your boy's 1290 super puke or 1199 pantyhose...

550 miles one way to Arkansas pulling a third wheel trailer, took trailer off, played on the roads, two up for 3 1/2 days, hooked trailer back on, 550 miles back home.
1800+miles total all two up.

With a good rider neither of the bikes you listed will compete with the GEN2 Busa in a straight line. Yes they would run away from the Busa when it gets curvy...
Neither of those bikes will ever have anywhere near the land speed records that the Busa holds.
Neither of those bikes have the anvil like reliability that the Busa has.

As much as you seem to dislike your Busa, I'll gladly save you the misery of owning it by taking it off your hands, just sign the title over.:laugh:

Me,, I'll keep my Busa and continue to enjoy the all day comfortable ergo's and do-all capabilities, you can keep the cramped ergo's and track focused bikes.

I've owned a few bikes myself; including a couple of Harley's, and nothing before has ever given me the combination of speed, power, and comfort, like the Hayabusa does. As well; our summer trips are often somewhere from 2500 to 4000 miles, and I can pretty safely know that somewhere fairly close is a dealership, should I need something. My Triumph Speed Triple was a real pain that way, and I daresay, Ducati would be as bad, or worse. I don't need to be the biggest, baddest thing on the street. I've ridden for a long time; I guess the trick is just to find out exactly what it is you want from a bike, and head firmly in that direction. Personally, I'm delighted with my bike. Even if it is somewhat "old" school; I'm very much OK with that. Makes me happy; it's all I need from a bike.

Sugarbear

Try this with your boy's 1290 super puke or 1199 pantyhose...

550 miles one way to Arkansas pulling a third wheel trailer, took trailer off, played on the roads, two up for 3 1/2 days, hooked trailer back on, 550 miles back home.
1800+miles total all two up.

With a good rider neither of the bikes you listed will compete with the GEN2 Busa in a straight line. Yes they would run away from the Busa when it gets curvy...
Neither of those bikes will ever have anywhere near the land speed records that the Busa holds.
Neither of those bikes have the anvil like reliability that the Busa has.

As much as you seem to dislike your Busa, I'll gladly save you the misery of owning it by taking it off your hands, just sign the title over.:laugh:

Me,, I'll keep my Busa and continue to enjoy the all day comfortable ergo's and do-all capabilities, you can keep the cramped ergo's and track focused bikes.

A Busa pulling a trailer, that's lame. :laugh: $8,800 and she's all yours.

I personally would love to have a trailer for mine. As much as I try I just can't justify the price.

I've owned a few bikes myself; including a couple of Harley's, and nothing before has ever given me the combination of speed, power, and comfort, like the Hayabusa does. As well; our summer trips are often somewhere from 2500 to 4000 miles, and I can pretty safely know that somewhere fairly close is a dealership, should I need something. My Triumph Speed Triple was a real pain that way, and I daresay, Ducati would be as bad, or worse. I don't need to be the biggest, baddest thing on the street. I've ridden for a long time; I guess the trick is just to find out exactly what it is you want from a bike, and head firmly in that direction. Personally, I'm delighted with my bike. Even if it is somewhat "old" school; I'm very much OK with that. Makes me happy; it's all I need from a bike.

Sugarbear

I have to agree with you Sugarbear, the Hayabusa is a great all around bike.
I'm going to spend a little coin and maximize her potential a bit more. :mwink:

Back