2016 Busa..end of an era or new bike..?

My current ride is the one on my profile pic. I want to change it because it fell over and although its been repaired its not as good as it was. Im a bit fussy Im afraid.

I'm always amused that folk seem excited about "Special Editions" or "limited Editions" when really there's very little that's Special about them.

A coat of paint, an aftermarket end can and if its really special, a badge with a number?

The changes between early Gen-1's or between a Gen-1 and Gen-2 were steps forward and noticeable. The "limited / Special" editions are really a contradiction in terms. They aren't special or limited when compared to the "stock" version.
Shops in the UK and AU have been doing it for years, tarting bikes up to try and shift stock.

Obviously it's wasted on me.... LOL

I went into a car showroom and asked if they had better deals on old stock / last years model.

they changed the price:rofl:
My Honda ruckus scooter cost $1700 in 03 now there $2500 only change paint job???

if you put the msrp price of a new haybusa in 2003 and and then compare it to the inflation adjusted 2013, you will find the price didn't really go up. The value of the USD has gone down. It's still a $10k bike in early 2000's money.

Me and my boys will take our Busa's up in the Canyons or the track against any ZX-14! Turn? Are you kidding me? The 14 turns like a heavy Katana. The 14 has extremely heavy steering in the corners. I've ridden several, and even with the suspensions dialed in, they just can't flow like the Busa!

if you put the msrp price of a new haybusa in 2003 and and then compare it to the inflation adjusted 2013, you will find the price didn't really go up. The value of the USD has gone down. It's still a $10k bike in early 2000's money.

03 msrp= 10849
03 money in 2015 = 13950 Per us inflation calculator.
2015 msrp 14599.

Need to also factor in yen vs usd conversion rates.

My dad was telling me what a Yamaha cost back when he was in his 20's and he worked at a dealership. Did the math and it's within $500 of his price back then, inflation adjusted.

If I did correctly I think usd is 13256.

2015- 1usd = 124.37 jpy
2003- 1usd = 118.20 jpy

Me and my boys will take our Busa's up in the Canyons or the track against any ZX-14! Turn? Are you kidding me? The 14 turns like a heavy Katana. The 14 has extremely heavy steering in the corners. I've ridden several, and even with the suspensions dialed in, they just can't flow like the Busa!

they don't do bad in straight lines ether,,,,(not my bike friends)
2n74gnq.jpg

I hate the fact that in the USA the bikes appear to be cheaper. £11,700 English pound for the new one here.....sucks ass..!

Suzuki definitely needs to up their game because even with the BCP ECU Flash I'm very unimpressed with my 2008.

Suzuki definitely needs to up their game because even with the BCP ECU Flash I'm very unimpressed with my 2008.

I have to say it before someone else beats me to it bro...are you sure you have it in "A" mode?:laugh: Losing the stock pipe and going with a good 4 into 1 will net you another 10-14 hp and drop 35 lbs. of weight,that alone would make a huge difference.Ya gotta pay if you want to play,and regardless of the mod they all average out to about $100 per hp(give or take).

I have to say it before someone else beats me to it bro...are you sure you have it in "A" mode?:laugh: Losing the stock pipe and going with a good 4 into 1 will net you another 10-14 hp and drop 35 lbs. of weight,that alone would make a huge difference.Ya gotta pay if you want to play,and regardless of the mod they all average out to about $100 per hp(give or take).

Yep, she's in "A" Mode all the way, I've never even ridden in the other modes.
For me, the Hayabusa hasn't lived up to the hype. Maybe I was expecting too much.
I have owned other fast bikes (Aprilia RSV 1000, ZX-14, etc..) The Busa just isn't the special bike I thought it would be. I was too quick to name her BadNasty.

Well we are dealing with 7 year old technology.:laugh:Which is fine with me as I don't care for all the bells and whistles most manufacturers come out with every year to one up each other.For what it is(even in mostly stock form)it'll still spank most everything on a drag strip or LSR event,and mostly dominates every other bike with a few after market parts.

Well we are dealing with 7 year old technology.:laugh:Which is fine with me as I don't care for all the bells and whistles most manufacturers come out with every year to one up each other.For what it is(even in mostly stock form)it'll still spank most everything on a drag strip or LSR event,and mostly dominates every other bike with a few after market parts.

I've always loved the styling of the Hayabusa, but the performance is a major letdown. Both of my son's bikes smoke my Busa in the 1/4 mile.
He has a 2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R, and a 2014 Ducati 1199 Panigale.

Then something's out of whack 'cause neither of those are 9.5 second bikes.My friend has an '08 with a 55 series rear tire and stock gearing(goes through the lights at the top of 3rd gear),leaves the line super easy so as not to wheelie(much)and runs consistent 9.40's and 148-150 mph.

Fontana7-19-2014ChrisampNoonan021_zps52ee78fd.jpg

Then something's out of whack 'cause neither of those are 9.5 second bikes.My friend has an '08 with a 55 series rear tire and stock gearing(goes through the lights at the top of 3rd gear),leaves the line super easy so as not to wheelie(much)and runs consistent 9.40's and 148-150 mph.

There's nothing out of whack, his bikes are just nastier with loads of torque.

Back