200MPH club Texas mile

Has anyone tested to see what a lighter set of wheels and ceramic bearings would do in the mile?
Posted via Mobile Device

Lots of testing, however back-to-back with ZERO other changes is the question.....

Yea that's what I was wondering. Seems like it may be one of the best bang for buck mods when bolt ons and N2O are taken out.
Posted via Mobile Device

WOULD ANYBODY OUT THERE BE WILLING TO SHARE THEIR SPROCKET COMBOS ON A GEN 1 ? 200 LBS. WITH A STOCK MOTOR AND A COUPLE BOLT ON PARTS .:please:

Has anyone tested to see what a lighter set of wheels and ceramic bearings would do in the mile?
Posted via Mobile Device

I had looked into wheels... More reading reminded me that the centrifugal force of the wheels helps keep the bike upright and straight... This is evident when the bike is harder to control, balance and steer at low speeds.. Plus severe reccomendations of a quality steering dampners when puting lightweight wheels was also found.

Ceramic bearings, Full Ceramic are very rare, fragile, and expensive... I'll assume most people are talking about hybrid ceramic. These are standard, inner and outter races, with Ceramic balls inside, as well as special lubicant...
My results with off road racing has been minimal, if any benefit.. There are absolutely better ways to spend money..

you're correct, they're hybrid ceramic bearings. Ceramic balls only.
Ceramic bearings, Full Ceramic are very rare, fragile, and expensive... I'll assume most people are talking about hybrid ceramic. These are standard, inner and outter races, with Ceramic balls inside, as well as special lubicant...
My results with off road racing has been minimal, if any benefit.. There are absolutely better ways to spend money..

ok so i have plans for the march miles as well , time off work ex , just preping the bike , i was looking into the gear change !

anyone think a small gear change would help in the mile?

i was thinking simple go down 2-3 in the back ! should run me up a bit highter !

an also looking to get the ecu flashed just to change the revlimiter and the derestrict !

any thoughts?

My experience has resulted in 18/41 for 200mph at Texas. Fastest I've seen is mid-190's with stock gearing and OEM tire. Depending on your build/weight you might not be able to pull it in 1-mile. Some people don't even tap the limiter with stock gearing. Lots of factors so you might have to try a few. You could bring a couple extra sprockets and swap them at the track if you want.

Higher limiter won't do anything for you with stock motor but you are welcome to try it.

Without retyping everything, you can click my sig for personal build/results at Texas... ;)

My experience has resulted in 18/41 for 200mph at Texas. Fastest I've seen is mid-190's with stock gearing and OEM tire. Depending on your build/weight you might not be able to pull it in 1-mile. Some people don't even tap the limiter with stock gearing. Lots of factors so you might have to try a few. You could bring a couple extra sprockets and swap them at the track if you want.

Higher limiter won't do anything for you with stock motor but you are welcome to try it.

Without retyping everything, you can click my sig for personal build/results at Texas... ;)

dont have the money to buy diff sprockets, i think i am going with the 41 ! should give me a little taller gear for the mile an just hope that my wrist will turn far enough to get up to 200 or close to it!

i am about 5'11", 205lbs, i can get tucked under the factory sheild pritty good! just a matter of getting the bike set up ,

i have had it to 180 on the tack and its fast but = about 165+- any how ill get with you guys befor the mile see what i need to do tips tricks ex !

thans got busa! see you at the mile ill bring the beer:beerchug:

who all stay at the track in like campers and such ? or do most just get hotels?

i was going to bring a small toy hauler, for some little tools, the bike , ex ! and just try to stay on site !

Last edited:
Some stay at the track, it just depends if you are bringing the wife or not... :poke:

My wife prefers the hotel... :laugh:

^ yea that is the only factor right now, dont know if we have a sitter for the mile, couse we are going to new orleans two weeks after , so we kinda have to pick and chose , but im deff going , so if its just me ill stay in the camper if she goes we will get a hotel!

hey got-busa, i was trying to order a 41t rear sprocket but patrick at MU could not find me one , so i am going with a 40t, you said i will have to take a link out !

i would like to know what gears most of the busas run at the mile?

i can get a 19t front that will get me closer to a 41t gearing , but i fig the 40 would just push my top speed up alittle more! any how

thanks
and do you know if your tuner , Jonny Cheese uses the ecu flasing equipment ?
i would like to find some one who does all i am looking for is to push the rev limiter up to about 11-11.5 , and to do the soft kill on the rev, and kill the top speed limiter !

any help is great

thanks

I would get with a sponsor on here and do what you can to find a 41. Unless you have other mods, I think you are going to be geared to tall. If anything you might find a 42 but 41 is where it's at if the conditions are right at Texas. The only other thing to consider is if you aren't running OEM tires. If you are using a taller tire (55-series) then the factory gearing will be fine.

Call JC and tell him what you want. He does just about everything! The key is to get an appointment early. If you wait until the last minute, he is SWAMPED before the Mile and you might be out of luck.

You could always bring the family out if they are into seeing cool cars/bikes and FAST stuff! :thumbsup:

JC did my tuning, for last March Texas Mile, all with ECU. Gen1, 210Hp na, 202+ mph. I ran 18/39 &40, ran same speeds with both gears. At the time I was a production bike.

Fred

Back