2009 YAMAHA V-MAX

watched the Jet car vid... you are kidding right? they gave the bike a half hour head start and the jet car did not even leave on the afterburners... Jet cars are not that fast in the 1/4 but could easily smash even the fastest of bikes...

I would be upset that the car was doing part of the smoke show down the track (shoots raw diesel fuel everywhere) Poor guy down the right lane next run is pretty much screwed
laugh.gif

Think Yamaha Needs to get a RESTYLE team on the 2009 VMAX, Looks like a blast from the Past. Not much design change except the Motor and exhaust, from the last one.
laugh.gif

I for one like it. I think its cool. It costs way to much for what it is. But if I had a ton of money to just blow, I would defiantly buy one.

glad i bought my B- King and did not wait for the new Max. I had a 92 V Max and loved that bike until I got my Busa in 2000. I think them keeping it a drive shaft bike sucks. That shaft is a ton of cash to fix when you blow the out put shaft. Back when I was racing my Max I wished it had chain drive. The new Max is too much money $18.000, And speed limited to 135mph if the computer reads that the bike has launched hard for a 1/4 mile run it will let the bike hit 145mph.

Jay___the_Max.jpg

I like the old max and the new one. If I ever get to old for a sport bike, the Max will be a nice replacement, instead of a weaksauce cruiser.

I like it over the B-king. I like the b-king too, but I think the seat needs to be lower like the v-max is. The king makes me feel like I am sitting on top of something, not a part of it. Hard to explain.

glad i bought my B- King and did not wait for the new Max.  I had a 92 V Max and loved that bike until I got my Busa in 2000. I think them keeping it a drive shaft bike sucks. That shaft is a ton of cash to fix when you blow the out put shaft. Back when I was racing my Max I wished it had chain drive. The new Max is too much money $18.000, And speed limited to 135mph if the computer reads that the bike has launched hard for a 1/4 mile run it will let the bike hit 145mph.
I just got finished cleaning / oiling the chain on my 07 Busa yesterday. I think shaft drive would be great!!!

i read something about the vmax today i thought was kinda funny. they said something like it was 10 hp more than the b-king and i thought that was funny since the b-king is a 1340 something cc motor compared to the 1679cc vmax. I can take that loses since the b-king is 300cc smaller.
beerchug.gif

i read something about the vmax today i thought was kinda funny. they said something like it was 10 hp more than the b-king and i thought that was funny since the b-king is a 1340 something cc motor compared to the 1679cc vmax. I can take that loses since the b-king is 300cc smaller.  
beerchug.gif
ya but...we're 300-340CCs over a litre bike and we ain't got crap on a litre bike...maybe 10hp (course that's why I keep grippen at the 2nd gen "upgrade")

C'mon you haters, that was just one badazz bike 20 years ago and it is again in a revised form.

No, it's not radically different, any more that an 08 Busa is radically different- you don't completely redesign an icon!! I still remember reading about that butterfly valve and the ensuing warp drive result when the bike rags did the first writeups...

It is NOT politically correct, and it does NOT apologize for it. I like it...
cool.gif

I for one like it. I think its cool. It costs way to much for what it is. But if I had a ton of money to just blow, I would defiantly buy one.
I'm of the same opinion.

I took a Motorcycle survey I got paid $150 to do in 2007.
I think it was for the new V-Max.

Personally i think the Concept headlight was a 10x better choice
but overall I think the bike looks kickass. The only flaw I see ....is the price.
$18,000 for a V-max.....they're crazy. Here's the concept headlight.

This concept looks futuristic and badass like it belongs in a new Mad Max film to me.
I think they stole the V-rod headlight design and it was a bad choice in the production bike.

stu-vmaxp-ro-to-06.jpg

Vmax_concept_Long_Beach-004.jpg

Back