2009 YAMAHA V-MAX

ike

Registered
Anyone read about the new v max. 123 lbs of torque, 197 horses. WOW !!
Heavy bike but killer numbers and all for just 18k. Cycle world says it's the most powerful series-production motorcycle to roam the earth. Sorry if this is a repost.

It's also a nice lookin ride. Only 2500 will be sold in the US. They are taking down payments between now and October 31st.Delivery starts about late October/early November.

face7.gif

2009_VMAX_Bp.jpg

Need to re-title this as it is not a Yamaha anymore it is now a Star.

Not exactly my cup-o-tea but it does sound intriguing and just wait till the after market gets hold of this mother. Cant wait for the B-king VS V-max tests. The B-king is at about a 500cc deficit and weighs a bit less but it should be interesting.

I think it looks interesting, not exactly a high speed top end bike but ought to jump to 100 pretty quick.

Like I posted last week...they need to stick that motor in the Venture touring bike.

200 hp in a full blown tourer would be fun.
laugh.gif

The more I look at it the more I like it, kinda reminds me of my Magna I had back the '80s

93081578_1thumb_550x410.jpg

Funny note...I thought that bike was Soooo fast
lol1.gif

Guess it was for the time...

stopped riding for about 15-20 years
starting riding my sons yzf 600...thought it was a rocket ship...
then I bought a BUSA (OMG)...all my perceptions of time, space, and SPEED got
completely and forever redifined.

It's not that Busas are that fast, it's just that they pull the earth toward you at great speed
and then if I'm late for work, I just engage the flux capacitor and voila'
race.gif

Not trying to thread jack but...this is what happens when you get off and
accidentily leave the flux capacitor on...even though it was sitting still it was hard to catch
tounge.gif

IMG_1679_edited.jpg

Better read a bit more about the Vmax... weight/fuel capacity etc... might do ok at Bonneville after some aero work

Back