2009 Honda Civic, Mustang GT or Mazda3?

The Wife's Car:

Seriously, those old timers here know that I go thru cars a little too quick. Past fleet includes multiple MB's, Acura, C5 Vette, Armada, Ford trucks, Dodge trucks, BMW Z3, 3 Series, 2 Tahoes...I have zero brand loyalty and buy/drive what feels good at the time.

That being said, the 08 Bullitt I got is really nice...V8 power and torque, a slick shifting 5 speed, decent suspension and brakes, and for a domestic...fit and finish are as good as can be expected. And you can find them all day long for under 30K.

This one is still getting broken in, but has recorded 16.5 MPG overall, almost ALL city driving with a very heavy foot. I will expect low to 20's out of it on the freeway.

They are all good. Very few cars will be an "investment"...some will lose you less over time than others.

Can't put a price on that V8 noise, however....no fart can import 4 banger will ever sound as good, IMHO.

I really love the sound and look of the new Mustangs and the Bullit is just that little bit of extra cool... Add a Blower and have some serious fun...

I just cannot get past driving one. Every time I drive one I'm left flat... I dunno... Love the Bullitt though. I think I would have to have the classic Green though. :thumbsup:

I dunno, Rev....Traction Control off, 3:73 rear set (instead of 3:55).....I'm thinking I may be ready for the Pro Drifter Tour.....:laugh:

This thing is a kick to drive...I did notice a difference between it and the 09 GT I drove the same day. You wouldn't think that 10 extra HP and different gears make a huge diff...but I def. could tell.

The stock tires, however, are straight up junk. Those will be changing soon.

And if it was Green I would feel some silly nostalgic need to leave it un-molested..but since it's the "wrong" color already the mods are on the way.....

Well, people are postin up pics of their rides, heres my acura:

2812545554_18fe5ed1f0.jpg

2812545876_a5a826a6bc.jpg

2812546940_07184090e1.jpg

Last edited:
The Honda might not be as powerful as some of the other cars your lookin at but it will be really reliable, and save you money on gas. I also got a honda civic but its the 08 hybrid model and I can tell you i've already saved about $2500 on gas this year, thats a nice chunk of change. The only downfall with it is in 5 years or so when I need a new battery it will cost me 3,000 on the low end probably unless they really fall in price.

Last edited:
The Honda might not be as powerful as some of the other cars your lookin at but it will be really reliable, and save you money on gas. I also got a honda civic but its the 08 hybrid model and I can tell you i've already saved about $2500 on gas this year, thats a nice chunk of change. The only downfall with it is in 5 years or so when I need a new battery it will cost me 3,000 on the low end probably unless they really fall in price.

8 years or 80,000 miles warranty.
nickle cell battery cost is 2500.00 not 3000.00 and like anything in your car it could last you alot longer than your warranty.

Back