2009 Honda Civic, Mustang GT or Mazda3?

HA!!! THe S2000 has some MIATA basings? ? ? ? KILLER! I wanted an S2000, but they were too pricey to interest me. I bought a used Miata for $4900 and enjoy THE CRAP out of it. hahahahhaha I LOVE hearing the S2000 has Miate parts or Miata based parts. that's great!

Look at it like this, Our chains aren't made by Suzuki, and you'll find the same chain on a Honda, or a Yamaha... Same with our fuel injectors, etc... So, an LSD made by Quaife goes into both the Miata and the S2000... Doesn't really mean anything. :thumbsup:

Been on several long drives with folks in their S2000s and they are great cars, will be a task to find a gently used one, and I certainly wouldn't spend .2 cents on anything off of FleaBay, but I'd own an S2000 alleged dif issues or no, all the owners I've met smile a lot.

If you wanna be a vaj get the civic
If you wanna drive a chicks car get the mazda 3
If you wanna feel like a man who has balls get the stang
Lets be honest which car would you feel like a man driving?
:rofl::laugh:

Right... Lonely Mid-life crisis man with his "balls"... :rofl: Guess that also explains your Busa ownership? :whistle: And if you need a car to feel like a man?? Well uh... :whistle: :)

Just giving you a hard time...

Just remember, that not ALL people attempt to seek some sort of identity, Image, or social status based on the car or bike they own... Some folks actually buy the bike or car of choice because of it's other features... Like getting you from point A-B or great handling good looks, good economy, whatever.

Last edited:
If you wanna be a vaj get the civic
If you wanna drive a chicks car get the mazda 3
If you wanna feel like a man who has balls get the stang
Lets be honest which car would you feel like a man driving?

I don't need to drive a Mustang to feel like a man. Do you?

Im more interested in value, comfort and reliability since I will likely have this car for YEARS to come.

ohhh come on guys...lets all settle down...im just messin with ya'll...i like to give a hard time...i actually find both toyotas and hondas very reliable cars that last a long time...i know people that have civics with close to 300,000 miles on them and they are still runnin good...if you are looking for a good every day driver that is reliable i recommend the civic the new si coupe are pretty good lookin cars.......ya'll need to settle down bit bout what im sayin...cripes...

ohhh come on guys...lets all settle down...im just messin with ya'll...i like to give a hard time...i actually find both toyotas and hondas very reliable cars that last a long time...i know people that have civics with close to 300,000 miles on them and they are still runnin good...if you are looking for a good every day driver that is reliable i recommend the civic the new si coupe are pretty good lookin cars.......ya'll need to settle down bit bout what im sayin...cripes...

:beerchug:

don't get me wrong i abused the heck of my s2000 specially SCCA and all around a fun car, but to me it lack at botom end that is what made me go miata.. my wifey had a 10th aniversarry that i used to give her sh)(t for as the darn thing had blue everything, and my rx-7, nt reliable enough to hld his own a full day at the track, it always limped home. so I move to the 03 miata to compete in the same class and after to many upgrades I decided to move to the CP class with the Mazdaspeed miata and it was a blast. I will rock one of those mazdas if I wasnt looking for a truck right now, who has a 1991 Mazda B2200 extended cab white will be better. I think it will complement the busa when I get done with it:laugh::laugh:

don't get the toyota corola, it is grandpa- grandma car:laugh:
now... civic si is very nice, can you drive stick shift (6 speed), no automaic:rofl:

Son, stick to your guns. Don't apologize for being yourself.

Mustang, With today's economy we need to help out American Company's to keep American Jobs. hehehe, at a little bit more cost to you.

I'm biased, no doubt...there are 3 Mustangs at our house now... :thumbsup:

Mine's nearly 14 years old and a project car now, but it is so much F-U-N!!!! I'm pushing 185,000 miles on a stock motor and it still runs strong...it's my daily driver...

Mike's had two Mazdas over the years (an RX-7 and a Miata) and he never had a complaint about 'em, so it's up to you and what you're looking for...

Mustang.JPG

Mustang2.JPG

If you can afford the Mustang and not worry about gas when it keeps going up. Go for it.

I'm biased, no doubt...there are 3 Mustangs at our house now... :thumbsup:

Mine's nearly 14 years old and a project car now, but it is so much F-U-N!!!! I'm pushing 185,000 miles on a stock motor and it still runs strong...it's my daily driver...

Mike's had two Mazdas over the years (an RX-7 and a Miata) and he never had a complaint about 'em, so it's up to you and what you're looking for...

What are you two doing with the other Mustangs? Going drag racing?

What are you two doing with the other Mustangs? Going drag racing?

They are for spares, up on blocks out behind the pole barn... ???: :poke:
He he he....

I kid... I know one is a classic, Dunno bout the other...

Actually, the other two are Mike's Mustangs...a '65 coupe that needs a rebuild, and a 99 GT that he drives on Fridays :cool:

ALL FUN...

Well, that's an interesting array of vehicles that you're considering. Here are my thoughts/experience:

Civic - Most utilitarian of the three. If "value" to you means most efficient means of getting A-B, this is probably the right choice.

Mustang - Owned a '79 for about six years. HUGE fun to drive (gotta love rear wheel drive), AWFUL gas mileage, regular repair bills. The only reason to own a Mustang is because you love driving it and have a regular opportunity to enjoy it. As efficient primary transport is simply sucks! Oh, and, unfortunately, Ford reliability has never challenged that of the Japanese makes.

Mazda 3 - My lady just bought the top of the line 2006 model a year ago. Had 40,000 miles but was in great shape. Saved tons of dollars over a new base model. The car actually has great handling and power (for it's class, of course, especially compared to the Civic) and it's fun to drive. Gas mileage is acceptable (avg 25 mpg or so) but not great. Ergonomics and appointments are excellent (almost high end) and reliability has been excellent. For a compromise between efficiency and driving enjoyment, this would be my pick.

Seems to me that the choice in front of you is not so much which car to get but rather what you really want from your next car.

Best of luck!

The Wife's Car:

Seriously, those old timers here know that I go thru cars a little too quick. Past fleet includes multiple MB's, Acura, C5 Vette, Armada, Ford trucks, Dodge trucks, BMW Z3, 3 Series, 2 Tahoes...I have zero brand loyalty and buy/drive what feels good at the time.

That being said, the 08 Bullitt I got is really nice...V8 power and torque, a slick shifting 5 speed, decent suspension and brakes, and for a domestic...fit and finish are as good as can be expected. And you can find them all day long for under 30K.

This one is still getting broken in, but has recorded 16.5 MPG overall, almost ALL city driving with a very heavy foot. I will expect low to 20's out of it on the freeway.

They are all good. Very few cars will be an "investment"...some will lose you less over time than others.

Can't put a price on that V8 noise, however....no fart can import 4 banger will ever sound as good, IMHO.

Bullitt 001.jpg

Back