2004 YZF R1

faucet

Registered
anybody know the stats on this bike, 0 - 60, top speed etc. 180 HP? will this be the busa killer? rumor is 05 busa will have more power and different looks, anyone know more details and possible release date?

if the yammi has 180 at the wheel I will eat my shorts....no busa killers out there, the closest will still be the gsxr 1k and the 12...

where did you hear this rumor about the 05 being faster?

Yeah come on gimme the info.....
cool.gif

anybody know the stats on this bike, 0 - 60, top speed etc. 180 HP? will this be the busa killer? rumor is 05 busa will have more power and different looks, anyone know more details and possible release date?
Not sure about the '05 Busa.  The new liter bikes comparision events will start the first of Feb'04.  I haven't seen anything on the '04 R1 other than the Daytona tire tests earlier in Dec.  Several sources have rode the CBR1000RR and the ZX-10R production models on the track.  I have a subscription to www.motorcycle.com and they paint a pretty intimidating picture of the Kawi in my opinion.  Personally I think that the '04 1000s will put out somewhere between 150-160 rwhp with the Kawi being on the high end, and the Honda being at the low.  We'll all have to wait and see.

Lance

<!--EDIT|r1R00KIE
Reason for Edit: "I'm still illiterate"|1072366145 -->

You mean any real facts? Other then the Urban myths.
biggrin.gif

The new R1 has a claimed 180 HP at the engine crank. That is not rear wheel HP. The HP as measured at the rear wheel by a dyno will probably be around 155. Which is a great number for a liter class bike weighing a hair over 400 lbs with fuel, etc. Of course the torque numbers will be much less impressive.

155 to the rear on the r1 then the hayabusa puts out around 157 to the rear making almost no difference especially since there is almost a 100 pound difference in weight.

The Busa will have some serious competition in '04, simply put. Think about the bike though: Mostly unchanged since it's release in '99. It's sat in the King's seat for 4 years. It's a huge freakin' bike! The R1, Gixxer & CBR will all be close in HP and about 100 lbs less weight, equaling better ¼ mile times. Top end will probably still belong to the Busa though - aerodynamics play a big part at those speeds and that R1 is NOT aerodynamic
sad.gif

All of the new liter class bikes are awesome. I especially like the new R1. That is a very sweet looking machine.

Their performance numbers are going to be equally awesome. Not one of them will produce less than 150 HP to the rear wheel and not one of them will weight more than 430 lbs with fuel, coolant, oil, etc. And they'll all get to the far side of 160 MPH in stock form. Wow!

Does this mean that the Busa is outdated, obsolete, and out classed by these smaller bikes? Nope. They have different purposes. The R1 and CBR are track weapons. Very light, powerful at high RPMs, and agile. Given equal rider skill, any of those liter bikes will be far more quick-turning and produce better lap times on a track than the Busa.

But that performance comes at a cost. Those bikes will not be as comfortable for most riders as the Busa, in neither bar position, seat, nor pegs. They will not produce the torque of the Busa, so to have their power ready at a moment's notice their engines must be kept at high RPMs.

There is room for both kinds of machines. And with some mods the lines between them can get blurrier. You can lighten the Busa and make it more agile, say with aftermarket wheels for example. Or you can get a better seat and higher clip-ons for the R1 to make it more comfy. But I don't see the bikes are being direct competitors.

anyway YAMAHA declares 180 HP with the airbox in full
pressure.It means a gains of 8% - 9%.
When we Dyno the Busa is with no pressure in the air box.
So....it means about the same power.
the real difference is that R1 needs 13.500 rpm to get that Hp.
Can you imagine it for a daily use.

you guys dont think yammi could increase HP by 28 over last year do you?
propoganda my friends, propoganda, the gsxr will be the king of liter bikes and the busa remains on the pirch, looking down on them all...

there is no way that any of the 2004 liter bikes will be able to touch the Busa in the 1/4 mile. Even if the RWHP is in the 150's for all these new bikes, (and I think not), the dyno statistic that is important for 1/4-mile times is the total area under the power curve - which requires torque and displacement. So, power to weight ratio can be really misleading for 1/4 mile times.

The Busa will still be the King - no worries.

baaa.gif
            *ONLY MY OPINIONS. LET ME KNOW IF YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE.*

Yamadog R1: Probably on of the prettiest bikes out there, really nice components (ex.Brembo) Yamaha has always had a history of over shooting hp figures.

Kawasaki ZX10: Kawis always consistent and unlike Yamaha usually has been conservative w/figures. Remember before the Busa the ZX-11 had the kings seat for a long time.The 98' ZX9r changed everything by raising the bar w/weight and hp. The 900cc class is gone as is carburation.Bar raising time has come again. New ZX-10 most likley a sick bike.The ZX-12 will give up to the Busa and probably stay the same or turn into a dedicated touring device.(probably go up in price and compete w/ BMW.)

Honda CBR1000: Being a dedicated Honda consumer before my Busa I can tell you Honda has been playing catch up since 95'. I can see the Sport Rider review now as it's been the past 9 yrs " great ergos,great brakes,nice looks but sorry Honda Suzuki crushed all this year.

Suzuki: The 1000 will probably get sicker as time goes on, but will always fall flat to the Busa's top end.The Busa getting more hp? MAY GOD AND THE E.P.A. BE WITH YOU. Probably no change for a while,nothing is beating it yet,why fix it if it aint broke.It would be nice to see some modern attributes like LED brake lights,or brakes that work.Mag engine cases, lighter weight etc.

Also note: You can have all the hp in the world but as far as Im concerned all the liter bikes are squirrly as hell. I refer to them as 600s w/ 1000cc transplants. There is a reason why the Busa feels like 75-80 mph @ 160 mph. My friend swears his 1000 will beat my Busa,he has yet to show me. The liter bikes are road race track machines. I dont know about you guys, but the track I race on is a 1/4 mi. long.

Im done posting for a while,I talk too damn much. Sorry

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: "I talk way too damn much!!!"|1072659200 -->

Just my o.2: Nasty yahmmer bikes + possessed front ends (that lift of their own accord) + inexperienced riders = something I would not want next to me in a pack. I'll give the R1 my respect, but with the 2004 (or 5?) Zook 750 coming out, it kinda shows how far behind the Yama-Hogs are. Did I say Yama-Hog? I meant Yamaha. The way I see it, how can they jump a 998CC bike as being comp for the King when the King's little brother can run quite nicely with it? The 750 won't flat-out smoke the R1, but it will definitely give it a run for it's money. On top of that, 180 est. hp @ 12,500RPM? It seems like they're flirting with disaster. If they even thinking of doing that in first gear, they are measuring the HP right BEFORE the bike does a 12 o'clock and maims either itself, the rider or both. Now honestly: who goes running around on the freeway or the city at 12,500? They say it's stratospheric. Well, that's exactly where their riders will be going if they try. Respectable track weapons, I'm sure, but that's what the G1k is for. For the quick straight aways and roll-ons, you can definitely count on the Big B's low-end to all but smoke the competition...as well as it's tires.

Any thoughts?

Or, if anything, you can call Doc, Ninja Eater and the StunnahGun (Stunnah) amongst others to set the record straight. Remember: there's no replacement...for displacement. Again, my o.2.

Not sure about the '05 Busa.  The new liter bikes comparision events will start the first of Feb'04.  I haven't seen anything on the '04 R1 other than the Daytona tire tests earlier in Dec.  Several sources have rode the CBR1000RR and the ZX-10R production models on the track.  I have a subscription to www.motorcycle.com and they paint a pretty intimidating picture of the Kawi in my opinion.  Personally I think that the '04 1000s will put out somewhere between 150-160 rwhp with the Kawi being on the high end, and the Honda being at the low.  We'll all have to wait and see.

Lance
I am sure there will be alot of agreement with this statement. Yes the liter bikes are fast and they will probably surpass the Busa as far as acceleration one day but I have ridden several Liter bikes including the new Gixx 1000 at high speeds for some extended times(never breaking the law of course) and I don't feel comfortable on them at all. The busa is so stable at high speeds I will take the Busa over any other bike out there until they upgrade the Busa, and it better be for the better if They want me to buy another one.just my .02
They seem to be real flighty if you know what I mean, they don't feel planted on the ground. The Busa is the only bike I would ever feel comfortable hitting a dirt clod at over 150 with no adverse effects.LOL

Back