20 Years Ago

BigBSBusa

Comin' back stronger than ever!
Donating Member
Registered
On this day 20 years ago, I first found this community. It has gone through many changes during that time, but I have always found it to be home. It has helped me through both positive and negative times in my life along with very challenging days. It has always been here thanks to 'Cap! Thank you, brotha, for all that you do keep this site alive! Look forward to another 20 years, if I am still able to put my fingers on the keyboard by then.

On this day 20 years ago, I first found this community. It has gone through many changes during that time, but I have always found it to be home. It has helped me through both positive and negative times in my life along with very challenging days. It has always been here thanks to 'Cap! Thank you, brotha, for all that you do keep this site alive! Look forward to another 20 years, if I am still able to put my fingers on the keyboard by then.

Awesome!

20 year men should get a special avatar or something.

I wonder how many there are ?

TWENTY YEARS! WOW! Didn't even realize, passed that by a month ago.

I'll patiently await the 20-year badge. :p

Many thanks to Doug for keeping this place alive when the vast majority of forums that started 20 years are long gone.

Plus allowing me to post a zillion pictures on his forum over the last 20 years.:D

1695609731188.png

Twenty years since joining this forum, have owned four Hayabusas, plus ridden almost 200,000 miles on my Hayabusa(s) through the years.

When I bought my blue/silver '00 it was three years old, and I recall being so excited to finally get a busa after my FJ1200 & ZX-11D. Those were big powerful bikes for the time. Then in '99, the new Hayabusa that just came out was even more powerful, had to have it. My oldest was a toddler, we put her in the car seat and wife and I drove down to the seller in our Plymouth Caravan mini-van to go look at it. I started the Pashnit Touring Co a few months later with the '00 Hayabusa.

This one is in college right now.
107_0752-Kayla_900.jpg

Bought it 3 years old & 900 miles on it. So excited to upgrade to the Gen2
DSC00038_2_1100.jpg

Number Three in our backyard.
DSC01138.jpg

20 years later, I took this photo today.
1000 miles on it when I got it.
13,000 miles on the clock 7 months later.
DSC02940.JPG

Last edited:
TWENTY YEARS! WOW! Didn't even realize, passed that by a month ago.

I'll patiently await the 20-year badge. :p

Many thanks to Doug for keeping this place alive when the vast majority of forums that started 20 years are long gone.

Plus allowing me to post a zillion pictures on his forum over the last 20 years.:D

View attachment 1671063

Twenty years since joining this forum, have owned four Hayabusas, plus ridden almost 200,000 miles on my Hayabusa(s) through the years.

When I bought my blue/silver '00 it was three years old, and I recall being so excited to finally get a busa after my FJ1200 & ZX-11D. Those were big powerful bikes for the time. Then in '99, the new Hayabusa that just came out was even more powerful, had to have it. My oldest was a toddler, we put her in the car seat and wife and I drove down to the seller in our Plymouth Caravan mini-van to go look at it. I started the Pashnit Touring Co a few months later with the '00 Hayabusa.

This one is in college right now.
View attachment 1671064

Bought it 3 years old & 900 miles on it. So excited to upgrade to the Gen2
View attachment 1671065

Number Three in our backyard.
View attachment 1671066

20 years later, I took this photo today.
1000 miles on it when I got it.
13,000 miles on the clock 7 months later.
View attachment 1671067

I remember meeting you and seeing your 00 at a M/C show in San Mateo I think. Hard to believe that was (that) long ago.

I initially joined this site and all the other 'Busa sites shortly after the 'Busa came out. Life happened and I wasn't on the boards for awhile. When I tried to sign in with my old name, I couldn't recall my login info. So I created this new account.
I did the same. There was a different reason for each and a different flavor on each site. Many have folded, but I check on a couple of them from time to time even today. This is, however, the only one that I have remained logged in to almost continually since joining. It started like this:

Picking up the Bike - 2.jpg

At least nobody has posted that they were 2 when you joined the site........now THAT makes you feel old....

I used to get that sometimes when I was serving and some youngster would remind me that their parents weren't even dating when I joined.....but the sad part is in many cases they couldn't keep up to me...

Back