2 hot

pizzaboysbusa

Registered
hi! newbe here. just got my 05 busa.
how hot do these run? my 99 ran cool.the fan comes on and rad is full. also it smells like rad fld. also the temp gag reads at the line past the middle.
anybody have this problem?
p.s. it's only been 65-75dr days and 50's at nite still has the same problem.

thanks joe!!!!!
smile.gif
1zhelp.gif
1zhelp.gif
AAAssjani.gif

1zhelp.gif

Hmmmmm, something is wrong here, maybe a bad thermostat or an air pocket in the cooling system, take it to the dealer and have them check it out.:;):

Welcome to the board. It should run at just under the middle of the gauge. Did you check the coolant level
rock.gif
A brand new bike can run a little warm for the first few days.

the bike has 300mi on it and it's dun it i left the dealer!
   dos the dealer put the coolint in ?

thanks
yes,the dealer SHOULD put the coolant in, and also they should give the system a little burp.

With the bike running you can give the hose a squeeze(the correct hose,that is) , that an' some like to rock it back an' forth... shid like that...

take it back to the dealer an' tell him whats wrong...

dont cook yer new ride... yer right in the middle of that critical break in period....well sorta... yer past the MOST critical stage...

take it back...

hav a cool 1...RSD.

Should never cross the half way mark... Suggest you get it checked bya dealer!!

my 05 runs right there in these FL temps....fan kicks on just after it passes the 1/2 way mark.....but it when moving it'll drop a bit. sitting in traffic though, being right at or just above, I think that's normal.
I'll be switching to the honda thermostat soon enough though...and my second muzzy equiped fan is also ready to bolt on ! It will be independant of the other tho.

I am guessing air pocket, pat it on its back and burp it
wink.gif

Seriously mine did the same thing I flushed it and it never happened again. Never past the middle line, and also an aluminum Muzzy Fan will aide it in cooling.

Doesn't sound like a problem to me. My temp gauge runs right there also, and one I got the new bike smell burned off all is fine.
You know that gauge is an indicator, not an actual "this line is x number of degrees" type. All will be a little different from each other, that midline is just a reference point for you. Untell its near the red or actually pukes coolant its not overheated.

[colo
r=darkblue][/color]
thanks guys i took it back to the dealer the guy who put together did't fill the rad only half way. on the way to the dealer it over heated and popped shut off and that's it finished kaput dead nomore. i was so pissed that when thay came and got the bike i told them to shuv the the f ken thing up thare ASS. after thay saw it was thare skilled master so called mac that thay insisted on giving a new busa with set chrome wheels just 2 keep me happy (not to sue them
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
argue.gif
) any way thanks guys .

[colo
r=darkblue][/color]
thanks guys i took it back to the dealer the guy who put together did't fill the rad only half way. on the way to the dealer it over heated and popped shut off and that's it finished kaput dead nomore. i was so pissed that when thay came and got the bike i told them to shuv the the f   ken thing up thare ASS. after thay saw it was thare skilled master so called mac that thay insisted on giving a new busa with set chrome wheels just 2 keep me happy (not to sue them    
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

argue.gif
) any way thanks guys .
yer welcome...
wink.gif

wink.gif

Back