1999 busa vibration problem

1300hemibusa

Registered
My 99 busa has a vibration in the pegs and grips from 50 mph up ...My 2005 busa doesn't have the vibration   . I can even feel it in the tank with my knees pressed against it.. It does it in all gears and gets worse as the speeds and rpms increase...I can cut the throttle at  60 or pull in the clutch and it goes away ...Any ideas
rock.gif
The vibration is bad enough that my hands are going numb ...Lee..

<!--EDIT|1300hemibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118063126 -->

answer these:

always done this? or
when did it start?
any recent mods or maintenance?

because its doing it under load I'd guess motor and not frame,wheels or suspension which dont usually cause that much vibration...might be:

throttle body sync ?
clutch hub bolt loose?
flywheel bolt loose?
clutch spring bolts?
down cylinder(bad plug,rings ,valve,etc)

How is it running? Starts fine? idles fine? Not using oil or burning it?

answer these:

always done this? or
 when did it start?
   any recent mods or maintenance?

because its doing it under load I'd guess motor and not frame,wheels or suspension which dont usually cause that much vibration...might be:

throttle body sync ?
   clutch hub bolt loose?
    flywheel bolt loose?
     clutch spring bolts?
      down cylinder(bad plug,rings ,valve,etc)

How is it running?  Starts fine? idles fine? Not using oil or burning it?
in order ..
Don't know to most of what you asked, i just got this 99 and i'm compairing to my 05 ..

It does start fine, idles good, drives just like my 05
 does seem to be down on power to the 05 ..That might be just in my head..No smoke or oil burning so far ..No ticking bumps or rattles ..
 I rode it today to see what RPMs i feel the vibration ... It starts @ 2500 and get worse at 3000  after 3000 it seems to go away till  4000 to 4500  but my 05 vibrates at that RPM so i guess thats ok ... It does it in every gear as you reach 2500 to 3000 RPMs    After that it feels like all the busas i have driven.. I'm going to pull the body work and check all the mounting bolts ...Anything else i should look for while i have the body work off??? Thanks Lee..
I should add this, it's all stock but for the lowering links i added the day i got it ...Lee

<!--EDIT|1300hemibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118153142 -->

Could it be one of the cylinders aren't getting full power.
Loose sparkplug (Common). Clogged Feul Injector (Micro filter). Compression lose.

Back