1585cc bigabusa

thanks Frank, I'll be working on it later in the week. I saw 15 bhp more mid range by going from 43psi to 50psi on fuel pressure, even though I was on +10 L, M, H. on the yosh box, just shows how much fuel it needs and how far away i am at the moment. racing next weekend 1/4's and standing mile so got a lot to do. waiting for a new pump for my gas analiser and it's going to be at least 6 weeks before I get my Superflow running. It's frustrating!

Richard, untill you get this bike dialed by a air/fuel dyno it's going to be like grasping at flies in the air....some times you'll catch one and most of the time you wont.

Hey, if your at 10+10+10 and still feeling like you need more fuel...you might try playing around with your "tps".

You know you can make it richer off the throttle by advancing it?!

Belive Me, you'll find a lot more hp if you start doing some R&D on that motor with a power commander!

Keep us posted.

If you have a PC II you can adjust the crankshaft position sensor 1,5-2 degrees by slotting the bolt holes and then compensate for the less ignition timing with the PC II.

Bigabusa,
Good info here. Im about a week or two from firing up my stroker busa motor (1500cc) and Ill definitely use some of what you have posted. Keep it coming. Ill add any info we come up with as well.

Biga,

The starters efficiency decreases with heat. It also draws more current when hot. That is why the heavier cables help.

We sometimes use an additional battery on the big street motors. Usually a sealed unit, for ease of mounting. Check out the 929's battery, small and powerful. Used it by itself to fire up an 85mm motor(cold), just to test it.

You can also insulate the starter like JC said. I assume you are breaking the +12V ignition during intial cranking. This allow momentum to build before the spark, eliminating "kickbacks" and the resulting damage. This is especially critical when HOT.
Hope this helps. Email with any ??'s.

FZR007@aol.com

Dave

Pulled the motor out today to fit the hi-ratio 5th-6th gears. mains and ends look like there bedding in nicely. should be back running by tomorrow night. hope to fit a PC2 thursday and play if my analysers back.

got running again tonight, the tall gears certainly make a big difference to top end.

doubling up on the ht's for the starter did nothing. doubling up the battery works perfectly. putting an extra battery in the hump and feeding it straight to the started relay gives me all the current I need and it gets charged by the generator. this is in parallel not series so it's still 12 volts.

lowered the lobe centres on the cams and lost horsepower big time. going up tomorrow, anyone run cams up around 115 deg l/c before. the cams I'm running are not much different to those in the Web catalogue but i don't see lobe centres specified.

Bigabusa use a shunt or a meter to measure the cranking amperage cold and hot.
When you have time I am just curious.
I was thinking maybe a better wound starter?

question, biga---didja try the other battery by itself? Wondering if the orig. might just be weak...

BigaBusa,

For your cranking problems get a Hawker "Oddesy" model battery. They are sealed, have about 50% more cranking amps, you can position them anyway you want.
I have one on my 1327cc GS1150, and if you are familiar with these you know the starting problems.
The Oddesy cured my starting problems....

Contact Paul Gast at FBG he has a battery that will totaly solve all promblems.I think it has 590 cranking amps. Alot of shootout bikes run these.
Doug

Back