1585cc bigabusa

OB_bigabusa

Registered
we fire her up tomorrow. engine finished. we install tomorrow and run in on the road. spec:- 84mm bore, 71.5mm stroke, flowed head, TTS cams. modded airbox and remapped ignition. Akropovic pipe. If the weathers good I might not work tomorrow, just get some miles on her. forcasts rain. could ship to Calif.

she rolls! fired her up last night, no drama's. just needed a strong battery. spent all day today putting on the new bodywork, dymags,PFM's etc. Rode home tonight only for the heavens to open.new tyres,new brakes, lots of torque and a wet road was a bit of a knife edge but I made it home. kept looking for another gear even at 2500 in top. seems as smooth as the stocker with no excess vibration even without the balance shaft.
Sun's out. I'm gone!

put hi pressure regulator in, pulling 225/140. I need to play with the cam timing, these are new with longer lift and duration to the first grinds I had on my 1543cc motor, that had better power and curve. It's early days! cams, compression, pipes,intake length's etc, etc. you know the score.
Anyone done back to back tests between Ti-Force and Akropovic?

WOW that is great that you are there with minor tuning
Can't wait to see the final product.

[This message has been edited by Johnnycheese (edited 23 June 2000).]

got a 100 miles or so on the motor. first pull on the dyno has given 217bhp, 135 lbs/ft torque. pulls 100+ torque from 3-10,000. motors running to lean, going to up the fuel pressure and play!

Richard, with a motor like that you might want to check out the Muzzy Sidewinder due out in two weeks?!

I have the TI FORCE on My Busa.

DaveO. I need an auxillary battery to start it from Hot, its fine cold. I don't know whether it takes more to turn the engine when its hot or the starter is less efficient when its hot. any ideas guys?

The Sidewinder is a drag pipe and I guess it's going to take a little modding of the lowers on the back side.(nothing big)

There are larger injectors out there but I would do everything you could with the stock ones first.(the power commander will get where you need to be!)

The Yosh box is a joke on these big motors...your wasting your time if you try to dial with one.

You can see A LOT more hp useing the power commander!

Muzzy is making a sidewinder for it.
The bike being hot could make the starter not as strong. Just an Idea here try wrapping it with a heat bearrier(sp?)
And see if that helps.

Back