1490cc KIT SUPERBIKE MIKE

OB_busa

Registered
HAS ANYBODY SEEN,HEARD,OR SPOKEN TO SUPERBIKE MIKE ABOUT THIS KIT.HE OFFERS A AFTERMARKET BLOCK FOR THE KIT.

Don't mess with Superbike Mike. He is basing all of his work and hayabusa numbers from my bike and he messed it up real bad. Watch my post later and read the true story about SBM.

I agree 100% about SBM...saw two of his engines run less than 100 miles and seats fell out of head and that makes a real mess...he would not back up his work. If anyone ever seen his pro-stock bike when he was racing...which he probably quit riding around 1988 or so...the bike was a piece of **** ...if all his work looks like that bike did ..heaven help you!!!

I live in South Fla. and in Superbike Mike's defense he does good work on his ZX-11 blocks. One of his employees is running one of his blocks and I have seen him run back to back runs in the 1/4 mile of 9.37 and 9.34 with 1/8 mph of 121.I have also seen a Hayabusa he was working on at the track but the best numbers I believe were 10.0's. Was that your copper and gold Busa Turbo 1300? When you purchase something that new you have to realize that your participating in the R&D of that product. It is your money that keeps the shop going so they can perfect the product. Nobody comes up with the perfect combination on the first shot. Hey, it takes time to develop an aftermarket kit with no bugs, just ask Frank Adams.

Looks like SBM has made lasting impressions on other people too! HMP has done some crank shaft work for me at times...no complaints and good turn around...much cheaper than Falicon. Not knocking falicons work they are just expensive.

I`ll add this also...the machine shop I use has a head device that uses 100 psi of air pressure to check leaking valves with the head on the bench. A heck of a lot better than pouring solvent in it to see if it leaks. Anything over 2% and it comes back apart. My drag engines routinely had 1%-2% leak down.

Yes, that was my bike before he start working on it. Then it went down hill from there. All he want to do was take pictures of my block and all of its components so he could replicate them for his own profit. My bike only ran 1 time for the duration of the 3 months it was down there. He always had me overnite him things he just let sit there for months. He always said that he knew what he was doing each time he broke my bike. Then he would even call to let me know. I always found out what happen when I told him I was on my way down to see it. He lied to me on numerous occasions and he over charged me drasticly on every thing. And when I asked him about it he called it pissin and moaning. I left my new trailer down out his shop for a couple of weeks and he used it for his personal use with out even asking to. He is totally a joke in my book from first hand exper. Yes he is a good ZX builder but no one on here owns a zx. I will fill in more details soon.

R&D should not come at the customers expense for bad work...any competent machinist can put seats in without problems. Like I said seen his work more than the two times I mentioned and saw parts sent to him that suppose to be in engines that upon teardown later were not in engine...he is the classic speed merchant crook in my book and he`s not alone.

On a nicer note in the New England area we have Fred Klies of Eastern Cycle Performance in Waterbury Conn. and Rick Stetson of Harry's Machined Parts in Northboro, Mass.

Eastern Cycle Performance - 203-756-7019

Harry's Machined Parts - 508-366-1455

These guys are as real as it gets, real shops and real smart.

DO NOT SEND ANYTHING TO SUPERBIKE MIKE.I SENT HIM THE HEAD OFF OF MY 94 11OO. HE PROMISED ME A TWO WEEK TURN AROUND & HAD IT FOR ALMOST 3 MONTHS.WHEN I CALLED TO CHECK ON THE STATUS OF MY HEAD HIS EXACT WORDS TO ME WERE, DO YOU WANT ME TO THROW YOUR F***ING HEAD IN THE STREET ?.I SHUT MY MOUTH AND NEVER CALLED HIM BACK IN FEAR OF NEVER SEEING MY HEAD AGAIN.WHEN I GOT MY HEAD BACK I BOLTED IT ON AND RODE THE BIKE FOR MAYBE 10 MILES.I CAME HOME AND DID A LEAK DOWN TEST AND 13 OF THE 16 VALVES LEAKED.I CALLED HIM AND HE WANTED ME TO SEND THE HEAD BACK BUT I NEVER DID. AFTER A LOCAL SPEED SHOP FIXED THE VALVE JOB THE BIKE RAN GREAT.ALWAYS REMEMBER WHEN YOU SEND YOUR PARTS OUT YOU ARE AT THEIR MERCY!

Thanks for the info on SBM. After hearing nightmare stories from several people I will never even approach him or his establishment. People of such character deserve this kind of press so that future customers can avoid making a mistake in at least that direction. I hope all of those put out by SBM's mistakes are compensated for in the future. Maybe someone who is familiar with him will point out his f'd up customer service but it would have to be someone who gave a damn and that seems like a remote possibility.

Superbike Mike....duh? i didn't screw it up!

it was like that when it rolled into my shop!

duh?...oh! sorry for spitting on you.

duh, duh...oh??? i just can't help it! duh?

(my opinion)
he is a joke!

.....Frank

Superbike Mike ruined my cases and expected me to get new ones for him to experiment with. Can you believe the nurve of that a--hole!

I love this! I will NEVER pass an opertunity to flame Stupid Bike Mike. That A-Hole burned 2 of my friends and myself for well over $3000 due to the shitty work he turns out. A ZX-11 head that pumped water thru #1 intake port where he ground thru a water passage, a set of 900 Honda cases were ruined because he couldnt mount them in the mill before grinding the deck resulted in one end of the block being .040 lower than the other side, and loosing my oil pan and pump, causing me to have to shell out $115 for a new oil pump. And Mike if you read this i'm still holding that old oil pump for your MOMMA you A-Hole

Back