149 mph Busa

G

Went to the IDBA race today at Shreveport La. The place was crawling with Busas. I saw Busas with and without stock exhaust and stretched and not stretched. I saw ets from 10.50s to 9.50s and speeds from 134mph to 149 mph. My question to you guys is, can a stock [ no pipe ] busa run 149mph in the quarter? Because that was the claim by the owner, I find it hard to believe, what do you guys think.

Sounds like a stretch to me but I wasn't there. Guess the owner making this claim didn't run at 149 while you were there or else you would be telling us about it? Best reported trap speed I've seen was 145.xx.

I saw the run where the guy went 149mph. Stock wheelbase, not tied and stock mufflers. The guy wheelied real bad off the line and went 9.79 at 149mph! I just figured with those numbers and with a bad run to boot that he might be spraying but I couldnt tell by looking at the bike if he was. My question was , is it any way possible that he is stock? We have a little on going argument amongst freinds that Id like to settle. I say, no way is he stock!

Maybe he was one of the SPEEDO TESTERS selected and was using a prototype of the "speedo correcting devise". :)

[This message has been edited by Turbo (edited 19 September 1999).]

The ET is certainly reasonable but the trap speed seems awfully high for true stock. I'm not sure how we could know for sure without complete disassembly and inspection. It's hard not to be suspicious.

I would be willing to bet a whole lot of money that the bike going 149 mph is not stock. Owner's make many claims about their bikes.....

Back