1397 are 1507

bigbill1300

Registered
I have been doing alot of research and still cant make up my mind i was gonna just build a 1397 but after talking around i have to under cut the trans again bcuz i am having problems with first gear now so they tell me just go had put rods crank etc to build a 1507. trying to get some more feedback on both motors and what do yall think is a better setup for alot of street racing and some occasional track use should i got 1397 with nitrous are 1507.
what are some of the hp numbers did yall get ou o both motors .thumbsup:

um I have to say it sorry.. it's OR not are.

1397 is gonna be your best street friendly way to go imho.

1397 + nitrous
Sleeperforsure.jpg

it all really comes down to how it's all put together. 1397, 1441, 1507, etc can all live on the street if done right.

I would say either 1397 or 1441 if it is mainly going to be street ridden. With the 1507 you might run into other problems as far as heat issues and starting problems.

I've heard alot of guys saying go with the 5mm crank but if it was me I would go with the 1441 "08 2mm crank" and Rick Ward head and cam package. Give Chuck Wilburn a call at Tupelo Performance. There is a reason the 1441's he builds make a REAL RW 220HP and I believe he's running 7.9's on spray with his 1441. Go to suzukihayabusa.org and search through the ALL MOTOR section he posted up some threads about this build. Go read it good info

That depends on who you ask and who builds the motor. I know some people are running 1507s on the street with no problems, but if it were my bike I wouldn't want to go that big for normal street riding, but that is just me.

Back