1" raising links

By the way...

Can anyone comment on the way the added 1" in the rear effects the front. IE- I have seen some posts were they suggest the "shortened" wheel based made the busa a little more prone to wheelie??

Any truth to that or just BS.?

R

Any time you shorten the wheelbase, it will make it prone to wheelie, which is why they stretch them for drag racing.

As far as raising, I really don't know, and can't testify yet...

a friend made me mine for my birthday
beerchug.gif
love the feel , also set up your supp. for you weight. then get carveing
super.gif
dont forget your knee pucks

To help the handling even further. Have a link removed from the chain and snug the rear axle in 1/2 an inch (more or less). No it doesn't wheelie any easier, and yes, it helps the handling as much as raising the rear does!

Just finished putting mine on. I'll have to try Lamb's suggestion when I put the new chain on tomorrow.

--Wag--

(BA BUSA @ Jan. 10 2007,07:13)
(Devil Dog @ Jan. 10 2007,07:05)
(TurboSN95 @ Jan. 10 2007,05:07) What height are you guys setting the front to when raising the rear?  Stock?
Yup....stock works great.
Stock is fine...down 5mm is even better, but you can't do that with the stock top triple clamp.
My front height is stock, except for the stiffer springs to set the proper ride height for my weight. It actually raised my front a milimeters. More ground clearance
super.gif

(Charlesbusa @ Jan. 10 2007,22:11)
(TurboSN95 @ Jan. 10 2007,05:07) What height are you guys setting the front to when raising the rear?  Stock?
Stock is fine...down 5mm is even better, but you can't do that with the stock top triple clamp.
My front height is stock, except for the stiffer springs to set the proper ride height for my weight.  It actually raised my front a milimeters.  More ground clearance  
super.gif
Thats your ride height Charles (preload)...I'm talking about lowering the bike in the
trees. It changes the rake of the bike.

(BA BUSA @ Jan. 10 2007,22:20)
(Charlesbusa @ Jan. 10 2007,22:11)
My front height is stock, except for the stiffer springs to set the proper ride height for my weight.  It actually raised my front a milimeters.  More ground clearance  
super.gif
Thats your ride height Charles (preload)...I'm talking about lowering the bike in the
trees. It changes the rake of the bike.
I know
poke.gif

that's why I worded it carefully so there wouldn't be any missunderstanding
all_coholic.gif

(Wag @ Jan. 10 2007,21:25) Just finished putting mine on.  I'll have to try Lamb's suggestion when I put the new chain on tomorrow.

--Wag--
Don't listen to Lamb..his ego is already too big
wink.gif

(blaize @ Jan. 11 2007,06:49) when you put one the +1 links did you have to do anything to the kickstand?
nope....the bike just leans way more than is does stock!

W A Y M O R E !!!

(Lamb busa @ Jan. 10 2007,18:54) To help the handling even further.  Have a link removed from the chain and snug the rear axle in 1/2 an inch (more or less).  No it doesn't wheelie any easier, and yes, it helps the handling as much as raising the rear does!
Great idea! The 42T rear sprocket sucks the wheel in a bit also. I might try that -1 link as well. Thanks
smile.gif

(Devil Dog @ Jan. 11 2007,07:14)
(Wag @ Jan. 10 2007,21:25) Just finished putting mine on. I'll have to try Lamb's suggestion when I put the new chain on tomorrow.

--Wag--
Don't listen to Lamb..his ego is already too big
wink.gif
Lamb's ego is what makes him a great rider!

biggrin.gif

The center stand just BARELY gets the rear tire off the ground now. I'm sure a rear stand would have a similar issue. Just something to think about especially if you have a fatty tire on the back with a taller profile.

--Wag--

Lamb does not have an ego.....................................*picture Herman munster* He doesn't. He doesn't. He doesn't OHH- HUUHH HUUH HUUH!
super.gif
................Rock on!

Seriously though! Lamb went with a 42 tooth sprocket and removed a link from the chain! The difference is notable!

(Lamb busa @ Jan. 11 2007,20:48) Lamb does not have an ego.....................................*picture Herman munster*  He doesn't. He doesn't. He doesn't OHH- HUUHH HUUH HUUH!
super.gif
................Rock on!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Now thats funny!!!

laugh.gif

AAAssjani.gif

I never thought about the kickstand. Does this mean that if I was one of the ones who followed the suggested "kick stand mod" and ground off a bit of the stop I am going to have an issue now with her leaning TOO far???

Ryan

You won't have any issues. Most members have the kickstand mod done. I know for a fact that Lamb does. No issues there.

Very well.

I am thinking about getting the Reaper Risers as well, since everyone seems to take the front down in conjunction with the 1" up on the rear. I just want to be sure that raising the handlebars won't throw off the control.

I guess since "Everyone's doing it" I will give it a shot.

Anyone know of a bridge to jump off??? HaHaHa

Back