1/8th mile oops today

No problem at all. Hope to be of some benifit to you. If i were you, i'd get a map for pump gas and work on my riding. You can gain a good bit there. Once you are getting the most from that, THEN step up the power and you will realize the gains more redily. It will be more consistant that way and cheaper too! :cheerleader:

ok, so i checked my logs, and apparently i recorded only 2 passes, i believe i made 6 passes total. the first one im embarrased to say but it was well past my 60 ft. the second one i was wot at 1.96, again past my average 60 ft times, and that was right before looping my bike almost. man i hate facing the facts :banghead: makes me wanna bury my head in the sand. i got a lot of work to do. I'll be out there again weekend after next.

yall are wot by the 60 ft. if not already by the tree, but how long is it before your off the clutch completely?

Me personally, I'm normally WOT at the line. I typically launch at a lower rpm and I'm very aggressive with the throttle. I have the clutch just barely disengaged and when the second amber lights I start letting the clutch out and AS SOON as the motor see's the load I go WOT with the throttle. The clutch and throttle almost go at the same time but the clutch MUST lead or you will hit the tire with too much rpm. I do hang on to the clutch for a bit. I'll feed the clutch out as fast as the bike will allow. If the front comes up I kinda just hold the clutch where it is and let the front ease down. If the motors rpm pulls down then I will hang on to the clutch a little to keep from bogging. If the motor Boggs or drops rpm much I'll increase my launch rpm by a couple hundred. I never back out of the throttle unless the front comes up a good deal and then I just abort the run.
I think you have too much gearing for your weight. Taller gearing will force you to get more aggressive with the throttle w/o worrying as much about lifting the front too fast.
I also try to have the front off the ground in the first 5 ft. Don't wanna yank it up, just want it to lift up an inch or two and then just ease it down or keep it there(no it's not easy, and no I rarely did it). When I launched well the bike sounds like an automatic. The rpm never drops from the line all the way to the 1-2 shift.
Keep a positive attitude and don't give up or get frustrated. If someone else can do it, so can you! Practice, practice, practice.

No giving up here... too hard headed. ha. Test n tune Friday after next and I plan on being there. I think I'm going 17/43 with pump gas, already have the 17/43 in for the street and pump gas will be much easier to deal with. I'll post up how it turns out. When/if you come up you gonna bring your bike?

Try launching between 3000-4000rpm. If the motor pulls down at all or it boggs, don't change what you are doing with the clutch or your launch rpm, get more aggressive with the throttle.
When i make it up there, i'll DEFINETLY bring my bike IF i have it ready. I just bought it a few weeks ago and i've had to do a few things to it. Still making sure of its overall condition. I had to adjust the valves on it(would'nt idle below 1500rpm). It "seems" to run well, but its hard to tell without comparing to another known good runner and/or making a few shakedown timed passes. I have yet to pull the clutch to see the condition of the basket(looking for notches and condition of fibers/steels). I also have no idea if the hub is stk or if it has BDE mod. Its no fun traveling to a track only to find there is something wrong! I VERY MUCH dislike trying to ride around a problem that i could have addressed before going!

I'll try your suggestions. Can't wait to actually, I love getting out there and running. I have my bike all put back together. I have a new zero gravity db on the way, I liked my other too much to go back stock but the stock one is in there for now. I rode my bike around some the other night and its just fine.

What year/color is your bike? It will be awesome to see another hayabusa up here running. There is several times when I'm the only bike running other than an old Suzuki wheelie bar drag bike running in the 5.80-5.90's. I've made friends with a couple of other guys that have Kawasaki's. One has a ZX14 and the other has a 1200, both stretched. I saw the 14 make a 6.35 pass if I remember right. I thought it would be awesome if I could get out there and do it on a stock wheelbase. Theres also crew of guys that ride out on the street like a bunch of idiots, you know the ones, 80 on main streets and 140 on dark narrow two lane roads at night, I only tried riding with them once. :moon: on that. They come out there once in a blue moon, get spanked and sent home, lol. But there are only a handful of bikes out there serious about getting out and drag racing. So it would be really cool if you could come up here.

yeah man, i actually have, i went last friday. ran 17/45 on pump gas. i ran a few times, got comfortable on the bike again. nearly looping her i guess put something in the back of my mind. didn't think that would be an issue but it took me 3 passes to get the jitters completely gone. ended up running a 6.48 on my 6th and last pass when the track went away, i spun some on that one. it got pretty cool and humidity went way up. couldnt see out of my face shield hardly on that 6.48. it took me over 2 seconds to get wot, waaay to long, 2.2 something and a 2.13 to get wot on a couple of logs i looked at if i remember right. i did get my confidence back so i suppose that was worth a little something.

i went out today and got the bike ready to run for tomorrow evening. i'm stoked about making some passes tomorrow now that i feel good with the bike again. i'll get some logs recorded and try to get someone on the camera so i can post up.

When do you think you might be able to make it up here? Canaan just went IHRA this week. The guy running things apparently went to the hospital and just got out. He said he didn't get to finish things up to run 1/4 by tomorrow but it appears that is going to be a transition coming very soon. Southwest Superchargers will be out on Saturday and I'm hoping to go watch that. Anyhow, I'll post up tomorrows results and let you know how it goes.

They running tomorrow night? What time? Til when? Doubt i can make it though.Would love to watch Southwest Superchargers, but i got lots to do this weekend.

I have alot going on this month. Can't stay out late on fridays as i have alot going on Saturdays. Next month i may be able to get up there.

What rpm are you launching at?

i started leaving at around 3800-4000 indicated. they start running tomorrow evening at 6, which in canaan time that translates to an actual 7:00-7:30. they always start way late. oh, and they will run until people go home, could be midnight or later, could be 11:30

How much do you weigh again? What is stk gearing for the Gen II?
Are you having problems with the front comming up?
How did you like launching at a lower rpm? Bogg the motor any?

im 145 lb, stock gearing is 18/43 for gen2. im at 17/45. ive been crossing the line right as the limiter starts in. the front coming up wasn't a huge problem until my oops. after running her again last weekend and everything going just fine, i'm really convinced the clutch bolt almost coming completely out was the culprit for the one gnarly wheelie. it will come up every time pretty much and on occasion may get as much as a foot and half wheel lift. for the most part though, i dont think i get any more than maybe 2-6 inches lift off

i wasn't doing but near 1.70's after i settled down a little bit. i don't have my time slips sitting here in front of me but i remember a 1.71 and a 1.68

I'd definetly change the gearing. At the very least i'd throw on the stk rear sprocket. Would move your axle back which will help wheelbase. You will be able to get the throttle open much sooner then.

sorry, missed a question...
i was bogging a little bit, but i really liked leaving at a lower rpm. it will be much easier for me to get more aggressive with the throttle not leaving at a real high rpm i would imagine.

I'd definetly change the gearing. At the very least i'd throw on the stk rear sprocket. Would move your axle back which will help wheelbase. You will be able to get the throttle open much sooner then.

A while back when I was running 17/43, i was needing to shift into third close to before i would cross the line, close enough if i shifted it was shifting too late but if i didn't shift i was running out the other end listening to the limiter, kind of damned if you do and damned if you don't

BTW, i have an Silver/Grey 03. Has a bunch of miles on it(26K). Its been lowered(tubes pulled up front AND forks internally shortened) and has a BDE street meg exhaust(center two tubes are crushed pretty good which will not be good for power...). Working right now on filing the notches on the inner/outer basket. Adding a clutch cushion and lightweight hub when it goes together this weekend. Have not idea how the tune is in the PCIIIr. A trip to the track showing mph will tell me that...

well bring yours down soon as you get the chance and show me how its done, lol. that sucks about the tubes bent in. i have a dent puller made for pulling dents out of car doors and stuff, kind of a jicky way to pop dents out but ive used it and seen it work, long as you dont pull the dents outward, hahah. uses a special hot glue type stuff. i used to do automotive paint touch up and i got that back then. we might try it on your tubes depending on their condition. I'm not even sure thats possible, but i've thought about doing it to mine. I have a slight dimple in my headers on the bottom where i kissed the ground somewhere i guess. noticed it after the texas mile last year.

Back