1/8th mile terror

reward69

Registered
Tonite I went to the local track to watch a friend run his newly built nova. It was test and tune night and there was a few bikes running. Amoung them was a 2005 Busa. The only visual mod that stood out was an extended swing arm and racing slick. The bike sounded pretty tame and not radical. It had a full exhaust system, not sure of the brand though. Anyway this thing ran 5.77 E/T at 123 mph. It wasnt a turbo and if it had N0S it was hidden really well. I didnt get a chance to talk to the guy but it was running great. I figure this should be low nines in the 1/4.

The Nova did okay, its a street/strip car. Its got a 406 small block and it ran a best of 6.98 at 101mph. He bought the car turn key from a guy in New Jersy where he is orginally from. The car is more strip than street but technically it is street legal.
My avatar is a not so good pic of my 70' Dodge dart. It had a 360 Magnum crate engine on NOS and ran a best of 6.91 at 99mph. I was spraying it pretty hard with a 250 shot. It ran 7.80's on the motor.

<!--EDIT|reward69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131081968 -->

Probably either a stroker motor or a 60 shot. mph isn't that fast, but his short times musta been great.....

I wish I could have spoke with him to see what his 60' ftr was, but it had to be fast. He and his friend were running together, the other bike was a GSXR1000 with the simular mods, it ran some 5.80's. The Busa never did get a real clean pass though, he would either lift the front and get out of it or bog a little on the launch. Once about mid track he lifted the front alot and had to get out of it. If I had to guess about 60 ft times I would say he was high 1.50,s to 1.60. I noticed that the 1000 would back fire at some shift points, and my experience with cars would tell me that it was on NOS? We had a NOS drag bike there last year that was running 4.60's and that is about the fastest bike Ive seen run.

By the way I live in Hendersonville NC, which is jsut below Asheville. The track Im referring to is in Greer SC, which is about 35mins from my house.

I wish I could have spoke with him to see what his 60' ftr was, but it had to be fast. He and his friend were running together, the other bike was a GSXR1000 with the simular mods, it ran some 5.80's. The Busa never did get a real clean pass though, he would either lift the front and get out of it or bog a little on the launch. Once about mid track he lifted the front alot and had to get out of it. If I had to guess about 60 ft times I would say he was high 1.50,s to 1.60. I noticed that the 1000 would back fire at some shift points, and my experience with cars would tell me that it was on NOS? We had a NOS drag bike there last year that was running 4.60's and that is about the fastest bike Ive seen run.
Some bikes with a shifter will backfire on shifting w/o spray, but running those times, the 1k was spraying, and if the busa had 60's that high, he is running a big bore and spray. The mph, et and 60' don't add up right.......
Judging from what you said about lifting the front at 1/2 track, he's not got his spray controlled correctly.
The drag bike running 4.60's prolly had 1.2 60's.

I did have the MPH wrong for the Busa, it was 134, I was talking the my friend that I went with and he corrected me on the mph.

Back